Windows 10: When enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, do you also need to specify a program in...

Discus and support When enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, do you also need to specify a program in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Curious if I need to set each application or if its just a global setting? submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ebojager, Jun 26, 2020.

1. When enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, do you also need to specify a program in...

Curious if I need to set each application or if its just a global setting?

submitted by /u/Ebojager
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ebojager, Jun 26, 2020

2. intel graphics & 'hardware acceleration' in chrome

It is not just for video decoding.

If you go to chrome://gpu you can see what is being accelerated.

PolarNettles, Jun 26, 2020
  3. GPU Clocks Up If a Hardware-accelerated Program is Running while Gaming

I have a GTX1060 (Gigabyte), BIOS firmware version 86.06.39.00.50 and the most recent Nvidia drivers, updated and reinstalled (clean), running on Windows 10 64 bit. Here is the problem:

When a 3D game capped at 1080p 60fps is running the card can easily remain at a clock speed of 925-1300MHz and voltage of 0.625-0.7V. This is good, it is how it should be. HOWEVER if ANOTHER program with hardware acceleration is opened at the same time as the game, the GPU ramps up to maximum clock speeds and voltage (1900MHz+ and 1V+) for no reason, wasting ~40W+ of power out of the wall and heating up the GPU unnecessarily.

I can trigger this by opening any web browser with hardware acceleration enabled, no need for any tabs to be open, or ANY other program with the setting available. Things like Discord, with its UI HW acceleration option trigger the problem, or enabling my video player's HW acceleration.

Those programs create no problem running on their own, I can have 3 HW accelerated browsers running at the same time and the GPU is fine. The issue is when even ONE is open, even minimized, while a semi-demanding 3D game is running.

When the problem is occurring, the HW accelerated program isn't actually putting any extra load on the GPU. I know this because if I turn off V-sync I get the same max FPS with or without the HW accelerated program running. In the Nvidia Control Panel I'm using Optimal power setting, of course.

Normally I can just keep browsers closed, but this has now become a problem, because seemingly GTA V's Social Club UI has hardware acceleration enabled and I can't turn it off or run the game without it.

Any help would be appreciated.

pavichokche, Jun 26, 2020
  4. When enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, do you also need to specify a program in...

How do I find out if I can enable my hardware acceleration?

Hi,

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an independent advisor.

The easiest way to know if you have hardware acceleration is through Chrome browser. Type in chrome://gpu to your address bar. If you see Hardware-accelerated next to most of the options here, you already have it enabled.

If acceleration is unavailable, it can mean two things: you don’t have it turned on yet, or there is an error.

Follow our steps to enable hardware acceleration:

First, you need to open the Settings page:

Click on the three dots symbol in the top-right of your browser, then select Settings.

Or, type chrome://settings in your address bar and hit enter.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on Advanced.

Scroll down further until you see System. Here, click on the switch next to Use hardware acceleration when available so it turns blue.

If you previously had hardware acceleration turned off, you might be prompted to relaunch Chrome.

After you’re done, type in chrome://gpu to your address bar. You should see most of the options have Hardware-accelerated written next to them.

Jen Quintos, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

When enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, do you also need to specify a program in...

1. When enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling, do you also need to specify a program in... - Similar Threads - enabling Hardware accelerated

2. OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled: Stream abruptly stops bitrate is 0 kb/s and OBS crashes Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabledi created ticket with OBS but according to them its a GPU vendor/ Microsoft issue https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8746 since I'm using a 40xx gpu , and...
  3. OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled: Stream abruptly stops bitrate is 0 kb/s and OBS crashes Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabledi created ticket with OBS but according to them its a GPU vendor/ Microsoft issue https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8746 since I'm using a 40xx gpu , and...
  4. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing: Hi,I've upgraded my graphics card to an Amd rx 6650 xt today.Which supports hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling in windows,but I didn't find it in System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics SettingsI have installed the latest drivers already, and have run windows...
  5. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing: Hi,I've upgraded my graphics card to an Amd rx 6650 xt today.Which supports hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling in windows,but I didn't find it in System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics SettingsI have installed the latest drivers already, and have run windows...
  6. Hardware - Accelerated GPU Scheduling not found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware - Accelerated GPU Scheduling not found: submitted by /u/Rujularora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpcm8d/hardware_accelerated_gpu_scheduling_not_found/
  7. How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling: If you follow Windows 10 development at all, you’ve probably heard this “Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling” buzzword that’s been going around since last year. At that point, Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling was little more than just an option in Settings, but after...
  8. How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft has introduced a new interesting feature in Windows 10 that is named Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling. This feature is part of the WDDM 2.7 that […] This article How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling

Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling: Hello, I understand that Nvidia supports the titled feature with their new driver released yesterday. Is the ability to activate this feature tied to the 2004 Windows 10 update? My system apparently is still not ready for 2004, and I do not have the toggle for...
  10. No “Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling” option

No “Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling” option: I am on windows 2004 which I had to upgrade through the update tool, and there seems to be no issues. But, I heard the feature I mentioned above was in the graphics settings and could help improve performance, but I don’t see it. I only get the option to set like high...