Windows 10: When ever I open applications to use it there appears a blue color highlight in search...

Discus and support When ever I open applications to use it there appears a blue color highlight in search... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I open applications to use it there appears a blue colour highlight in the search box out of nowhere, when the mouse pointer hovers over it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gulshankumar123DJ, Jun 9, 2021.

1. When ever I open applications to use it there appears a blue color highlight in search...

Whenever I open applications to use it there appears a blue colour highlight in the search box out of nowhere, when the mouse pointer hovers over it disappear and after a few mins appear again which is a very annoying thing, I do not know which functionality or which application triggers it. Microsoft Bug solving team do sincerely look into it and pls do respond a screenshot is it attached below for further reference.

:)

Gulshankumar123DJ, Jun 9, 2021

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Jun 9, 2021
  3. garywrayc Win User
    CTRL+F Change highlight color

Pressing CTRL+F brings up the search box. When I type a term in the search box, select "Highlight All" and press the up or down arrows, the found text is highlighted in blue, which is very hard to see. Is there any way to change the highlight color?

garywrayc, Jun 9, 2021
  4. When ever I open applications to use it there appears a blue color highlight in search...

Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

When ever I open applications to use it there appears a blue color highlight in search...

1. When ever I open applications to use it there appears a blue color highlight in search... - Similar Threads - ever open applications

2. Open Application Using Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Application Using Search: If I search for an application using the Windows button or PowerToys Run, I can open an application quickly and switch to that window. However, if the window is already open, it does not switch to that window. Thus the only way in that case to switch to that window would be...
  3. Open Application Using Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Application Using Search: If I search for an application using the Windows button or PowerToys Run, I can open an application quickly and switch to that window. However, if the window is already open, it does not switch to that window. Thus the only way in that case to switch to that window would be...
  4. Applications muted ever time they are opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications muted ever time they are opened?: I got a new laptop that came with Win11. When I open an application to include web browsers everything is muted and i have to F+Mute to hear sound, the mute light on the keyboard will be on. When i lock and unlock my laptop it will still be in the same mute function, light is...
  5. Applications muted ever time they are opened?

Applications muted ever time they are opened?: I got a new laptop that came with Win11. When I open an application to include web browsers everything is muted and i have to F+Mute to hear sound, the mute light on the keyboard will be on. When i lock and unlock my laptop it will still be in the same mute function, light is...
  6. Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11: Hi all,I have been used to search highlights appearing on my Windows 10 search box and it used to show up whenever I clicked the search button on my Windows 11 laptop. I had noticed that the latest build of Win 11 would display the search highlight graphics on the new search...
  7. Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11

Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11: Hi all,I have been used to search highlights appearing on my Windows 10 search box and it used to show up whenever I clicked the search button on my Windows 11 laptop. I had noticed that the latest build of Win 11 would display the search highlight graphics on the new search...
  8. light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    light blue highlight color now in autofill in search bar in chrome: All of a sudden today when typing in the url/search bar, as the wordauto fills i it is being highlighted in light blue. What is this about? It's a very light blue, not the blue one gets when highlighting to copy and paste something Is this a chrome problem or Windows 10. I...
  9. Icons of inbuilt applications not appearing when I search it on Windows search.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of inbuilt applications not appearing when I search it on Windows search.: Hello all, I have been facing this problem for the past two days, Icons of normal inbuilt applications such as Store, Settings show up when I look for it manually in the list in the start button. (picture attached). [ATTACH] The icons are displayed during a manual...
  10. When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I search some applications, it doesn't appear the application's picture: I just bought a new computer a few weeks ago, so I started using it a week ago, and recently I noticed that when I search an application, it doesn't appear the picture of the application, it appear like this: [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my windows app is blue tint in some app