Windows 10: When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this?

Discus and support When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thanks in advance submitted by /u/Paw_1210 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Paw_1210, Jul 8, 2020.

1. When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this?

/u/Paw_1210, Jul 8, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 GOES TO SLEEP MODE AND EVENTUALLY GOES TO SHUTDOWN

I thank you for all the suggestion and slowly I am acquainting and stabilizing my operation. I purchased the Dell-laptop 2-in-1 last month, Windows 10 as operating system.The following inferred when I try to put the system on sleep mode and get back
    to waking stage:

1. When I press ‘sleep’button on the screen, the laptop goes to sleep and when I press the power button (on the side of the laptop), the screen comes back in the same manner as I left earlier.
    The lid remains open at both operation. There is no problem at all.

2. When I press the the power buttoon (on the side of the laptop), the computer screen goes off and when I press power button again, the laptop gets rebooted again.
    The computer lid remains open at both the time. I lose the data on the screen. There is a problem (as the sleep mode changed to shutdown or reboot mode).

3. When I just close the lid (making it to sleep mode) and reopen the lid, the laptop has to be rebooted again. I loose all the screen data. There is a problem.

As I am working on the first option, I do not face any problem even I make the laptop to sleep more than 24 hrs. On trouble shoot detecting & ‘’improve power usuage’ , the system detects
    ‘no change or upgrade is necessary’.

As such, can you advise me to set right the system described above, in item 2 & item 3.

KRISHNAMURTHYVENKATARAMAN, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Windows BIOS problem. When I shutdown it, it goes in a sleep like mode

I have updated my laptop to windows 10, but when I shutdown it, it goes in a sleep like mode, e.g. it continues to charging my cell phone, but laptop neither start again nor shutdown properly until I remove the battery and start it again. What is the solution?

Original title: Windows BIOS problem.

FakharAsif, Jul 8, 2020
  4. red_fork Win User

When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this?

Laptop goes to sleep mode during shutdown after closing the lid

Hello,

I have a problem with windows 10 which is going to sleep mode instead of shuting down.

I changed power settings to shutdown after closing the lid and to go to sleep mode when I press power button.

Now, when I press power button system starts to shutdown. Then I close the lid and system goes to sleep mode during shutdown process...

When I open the lid again the laptop wakes up and continues to shut down.

Is it normal behaviour? In my opinion system shouldn't go to sleep when is shutting down.

red_fork, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this?

1. When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this? - Similar Threads - ever press shutdown

2. My wifi stops working when ever my laptop goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi stops working when ever my laptop goes into sleep mode: On my asus vivobook 16 x1605ea I began having problem when putting my laptop into sleep mode, it would result in the wifi not working I would check the Get Help app and it would say one of these things. and settinng would say that there is no internetand i need help with...
  3. My wifi stops working when ever my laptop goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi stops working when ever my laptop goes into sleep mode: On my asus vivobook 16 x1605ea I began having problem when putting my laptop into sleep mode, it would result in the wifi not working I would check the Get Help app and it would say one of these things. and settinng would say that there is no internetand i need help with...
  4. by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode: whenever I shutdown my PC, it doesn't sign out or close all running apps instead after on starting PC again it automatically opens all software. which means it goes to sleep instead of logging off and then shutting down. On 6 June 2023, I upgraded my windows 10 Laptop to...
  5. by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode

by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode: whenever I shutdown my PC, it doesn't sign out or close all running apps instead after on starting PC again it automatically opens all software. which means it goes to sleep instead of logging off and then shutting down. On 6 June 2023, I upgraded my windows 10 Laptop to...
  6. what can i do to fix my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do to fix my computer: when i start my computer op all the lights on the motherboard blinks in the sequence of red orange white and then green before it starts op normally but it is still much more slower than it should be i have tried everything reinstalling windows typing every command in cmd...
  7. what can i do to fix my computer

what can i do to fix my computer: when i start my computer op all the lights on the motherboard blinks in the sequence of red orange white and then green before it starts op normally but it is still much more slower than it should be i have tried everything reinstalling windows typing every command in cmd...
  8. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  9. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  10. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.