Windows 10: When first clicking start its greyed out?

Discus and support When first clicking start its greyed out? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This isnt a big thing just a minor annoyance. Ill click the windows button in the corner to shut down and itll be greyed out and i cant do anything, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oryx_Took_The_Kids, Feb 17, 2020.

1. When first clicking start its greyed out?

This isnt a big thing just a minor annoyance. Ill click the windows button in the corner to shut down and itll be greyed out and i cant do anything, i have to click off and back on and its brighter and i can so things? What is this? Anyone else have it? Nothing major just a bit annoying

submitted by /u/Oryx_Took_The_Kids
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oryx_Took_The_Kids, Feb 17, 2020

2. Start Option Greyed out under Personalisation - Start.

Please note my reply to your questions in Bold:- Latest Build is Vers.1511-10586.318

Please note my reply in Bold :- Build is Vers. 1511-10586.318

Follow the steps to know the latest build installed.

• Press Windows key + R and type winver and hit Enter.

I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

1. Go to Start and then Settings.

2. Click on Update and Recovery.

3. Check for updates under Windows Updates.

4. Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved. The Windows 10 system is set to Automatic update and as such does have the latest.

Just to remind you that the "Settings" option is not greyed out in Administrator mode so I don't think the updates would affect this.

PaulNaylor, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Why can't I click inside Start Menu?

You may also follow these steps to resolve your concern:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • From the options, select Command Prompt (Admin) by clicking it.
    • Type in Powershell and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste this on the Powershell application
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
      and press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to finish, close all of the open windows and check your Start menu if it's working properly.
    Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 17, 2020
  4. When first clicking start its greyed out?

greyed out Print button in file explorer with .htm Extension windows 10

Hello,

There are options you can consider to troubleshoot this issue. When the
    Print button
    on the File Explorer window is greyed out, we suggest that you check if the
    Print Spooler service is running. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Services and click the
      Services app.
    • Scroll down and check if the Print Spooler service is running.
    • If not, right-click Print Spooler and click Properties.
    • On the Properties window, click Start.

After following the steps, check if the Print button
    is already available.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

When first clicking start its greyed out?

1. When first clicking start its greyed out? - Similar Threads - clicking start greyed

2. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  3. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  4. When I click on a window its acts as if its tabbed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on a window its acts as if its tabbed out: I'm not too sure what topic to put this in as it seems that only I and one other person has had this problem.I don't know why but sometimes when I click on a window it acts as if it has been tabbed out. The window hasn't been minimized but it still acts as if it has been...
  5. When I click on a window its acts as if its tabbed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on a window its acts as if its tabbed out: I'm not too sure what topic to put this in as it seems that only I and one other person has had this problem.I don't know why but sometimes when I click on a window it acts as if it has been tabbed out. The window hasn't been minimized but it still acts as if it has been...
  6. When I click on a window its acts as if its tabbed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows search box greys out when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box greys out when clicked: Sometime back in May? an Windows X update was loaded into my computer overnight, next morning the search feature in File Explorer goes grey every time it is clicked. The only way to remedy this was to uninstall the update. The next morning, Windows updated again with the same...
  8. "Type here to search" sometimes greys out when I click it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Type here to search" sometimes greys out when I click it.: https://i.imgur.com/8dDXswv.png I'm not sure what this bug is, but sometimes when I click the search bar, maybe 1 in every 10 times it'll grey out like in the picture. Clicking the windows icon or clicking the windows key fixes it, and it never happens when I click the...
  9. WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it

WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it: Hi, so I have been trying to fix an issue with Teredo and I need IP helper to start in order to do so. Thus WinHTTP must start but it is greyed out and I cant click to start it. Any Ideas how to fix this?...
  10. WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it

WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it: Hi, so I have been trying to fix an issue with Teredo and I need IP helper to start in order to do so. Thus WinHTTP must start but it is greyed out and I cant click to start it. Any Ideas how to fix this?...