Windows 10: When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes

Discus and support When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One morning I booted my pc and it crashed saying 'threvad stuck in device driver'. After a few days I figured there was something wrong with my amd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DjDetox, Mar 21, 2020.

1. When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes

One morning I booted my pc and it crashed saying 'threvad stuck in device driver'. After a few days I figured there was something wrong with my amd drivers. So in bios I switched this option to UMA graphics. This seemed to fix the issue, but I started using my cpu integrated graphics. Now since I am using UMA, my loaded windows doesn't detect my other graphics card and I cannot change anything to it. Any ideas as what to do?

submitted by /u/DjDetox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DjDetox, Mar 21, 2020

2. Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Nazrin117 Win User

When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes

Switchable vs Discrete Graphic

Hello, I have a gaming laptop with 2 graphic cards which is Intel and Nvidia. There are 2 options, Switchable graphic or Discrete graphic. What are those and which one is better? Thanks.

Nazrin117, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes

1. When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes - Similar Threads - BIOS switchable graphics

2. "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.: I've reinstalled windows 11 on my Lenovo Legion laptop and after this I couldnt find a way again to make my laptop also run on integrated graphics.The option was in BIOS but it has simply vanished and I can't see why.It is a gaming laptop, however, I use it at school and...
  3. "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Switchable Graphics" option in my BIOS has gone missing.: I've reinstalled windows 11 on my Lenovo Legion laptop and after this I couldnt find a way again to make my laptop also run on integrated graphics.The option was in BIOS but it has simply vanished and I can't see why.It is a gaming laptop, however, I use it at school and...
  4. Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss: I have an Asus K550iu laptop. This has an AMD FX9830P processir with integrated R7 GPU plus a discrete AMD RX460M GPU. Like many other posts, my laptop has stopped switching to the discrete GPU.I've removed and reinstalled my drivers, updated my bios, tried rolling back to...
  5. Windows Crashes after AMD switchable graphic drivers are installed

Windows Crashes after AMD switchable graphic drivers are installed: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7520 SE laptop which has a switchable AMD Raedon HD 7730m graphic card and a Intel 4000 HD internal graphic card. With the recent Windows 10 updateversion 2004, every time my AMD display drivers are installed, my system keeps freezing. If I...
  6. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD. I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G. Adrenaline (the driver software) can see the RX560. Device Manager can see the RX560. Neither World of Warcraft nor Windows sees anything but the integrated R5,...
  7. Need help with Switchable Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Switchable Graphics: Does any of you got switchable graphic problem it not working its running on intel HD I have a Dell Inspiron 15r se 7520 it has a 2gb AMD radion 7730m problem is that when playing games it only uses Intel HD 4000 not switching to AMD Any one got any solution for this...
  8. HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10: My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager: Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In...
  9. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  10. HP Switchable Graphics Problem

HP Switchable Graphics Problem: My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers. It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and...