Windows 10: When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

Discus and support When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnHannaford, May 8, 2022.

1. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and all other drivers, but to no avail.Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

JohnHannaford, May 8, 2022

2. Windows 10 PC will not go into sleep mode

My new Windows 10 pc set to go into sleep mode after 2 hours and it doesn't happen - I can put into sleep mode manually but often it comes out of sleep by itself. I have tried all of the suggestions and have had no luck.

EdAbrams777, May 8, 2022
  3. davidg41 Win User
    cannot go into sleep mode

Many thanks for the info. Tried the suggestion and it worked ok for the first couple of shut downs, but after that the computer reverted back to the fault ie could not go to sleep mode, and have to cold start each time switched on. Grateful for any other
    suggestions. Again many thanks.

daveg

davidg41, May 8, 2022
  4. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 8, 2022
Thema:

When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

1. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally - Similar Threads - going sleep mode

2. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  3. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  4. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  6. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  7. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  8. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.: When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and just stays like that for about 5 minutes or so and then the PC just restarts. I NEVER see a blue screen when it happens, just...
  10. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...