Windows 10: When going to task manager, I see "Windows preparing security options"

Discus and support When going to task manager, I see "Windows preparing security options" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is this running in the background? Is this normal? 9481 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MissKiara09, Jul 28, 2015.

1. When going to task manager, I see "Windows preparing security options"

Why is this running in the background? Is this normal?

:)

MissKiara09, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Creator's Update

After pressing Ctrl/Alt/Del there appears on the screen, very briefly, a message reading "Preparing Security Options" followed by another screen reading "Lock - Switch User - Sign Out - Task Manager and Cancel". Pressing cancel takes me to the desktop
    screen. This is not life threatening but VERY annoying. This behaviour and procedure was not present before the Creator Update was installed.

David and ValerieSecord, Jul 28, 2015
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

When going to task manager, I see "Windows preparing security options"

1. When going to task manager, I see "Windows preparing security options" - Similar Threads - going task manager

2. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  3. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  4. Don’t see the “Set priority” option in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Don’t see the “Set priority” option in task manager: So I’m trying to set a game I play as the priority so more of the ram focuses on that game but whenever I right click on “fortnite” process, I don’t see the “set priority” option. Any help? submitted by /u/HYPZ3 [link] [comments]...
  5. how do I stop preparing security options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I stop preparing security options: I have windows 10 and the laptop keeps stopping and it says, "preparing security options. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-preparing-security-options/7b17020a-0f49-4c26-be30-d18539806999
  6. "Preparing security options" and whining sound

in Windows 10 Support
    "Preparing security options" and whining sound: When I've been using my laptop for about 45 minutes I start to hear a very annoying whining sound coming from the upper left quadrant. When I check the task monitor, a message "preparing security options" flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second before the task...
  7. Preparing Security Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Security Options: my laptop gets very slow and nonresponsive, especially when it is working overnight, and when I try to run task manager to see which process causes the issue it stuck on the "Preparing Security Options" until I use the power button to restart. I read the previous thread for...
  8. Security task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security task manager: what is Security task manager , and why when i am searching for it in google my browser frozen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-task-manager/12b9af27-c562-4c52-9a7b-9a4f16cbeb36
  9. What is "Preparing Security Options" when trying to End Task?

in Browsers and Email
    What is "Preparing Security Options" when trying to End Task?: Hello, What does "Preparing Security Options" mean when trying to use "End Task"? Today the browser was very VERY slow and crashed continually (grrrr). It was very difficult to get "End Task" to function at all, and each time this was tried, the screen read "Preparing...
  10. "Preparing Security Options" and freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Preparing Security Options" and freezing: Hello all! Recently, my computer freezes, my cursor moves really slow, my RGB corsair keyboard and RGB mousepad light start to move oddly, I can't close out any windows, can't click the start button..... but when I manage to CTRL-ALT-DELETE. a "preparing security options"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preparing security options task manager block