Windows 10: when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is...

Discus and support when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AkashdeepDas1, May 4, 2021.

1. when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is...

when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is available

:)

AkashdeepDas1, May 4, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 5, 2021
  3. Synapt Win User
    Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment

So Windows 10 appears to have introduced some form of native system-level microphone/line input automatic adjustment that programs that can be hooked into which is causing me to sound like a whisper via my Condenser mic in some applications and I would love
    to find a way to disable it so that I can control input adjustment myself. Does anyone know how to do this as searching around is not giving me any viable results.

Things of note;

• This is only happening on certain applications, such as Firefox, the Discord desktop app and Skype (with exception I'll note below).

• All my USB headset mics seem to be fine

• This is happening only on my condenser mic via 3.5mm

• It's happening across two distinct sound hardwares (a dedicated audio card and the onboard motherboard audio), implying this is not a driver/hardware issue (they are two completely different chipsets but yes they have been updated regardless).

• Audio-relative software (OBS, Adobe Audition, 3rd party mixers like Voicemeeter Banana) all take my input fine, I effectively sound normal when using any of these to record locally, playback my mic directly or even stream on twitch.

• It seems to be explicitly limited to software that uses/hooks into whatever windows natively provides for input auto adjustment. And the main reason I've come to the conclusion it's something windows-provided is because Skype only does this when I enable
      it's "Automatic adjustment" in it's settings. If I disable that setting I sound perfectly fine as I should. With Skype and Microsoft being pretty heavily windows-integrated these days, particularly in Windows 10 it gives me a heavy feeling that it's likely
      a native windows feature that Skype is hooking into, and the above mixed-software outcomes back it up imo.

Does anyone know how I can possibly disable this feature at a system-wide level? I'll even take some powershell/CLI convoluted trickery, I just want to be able to use my setup like I had previously in Windows 7.

Synapt, May 5, 2021
  4. when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is...

Mic detected but not receiving input

edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64
    version 20H2
    installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021
    SO compilation 19042.631
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480 SSD, and my previous HDD just died, around 3 days ago from today I noticed my microphone was not working correctly but it was working normally before, apparently it suddenly stopped working (it is not the first time this same error occurred), so I tried troubleshooting it again.

details on my attempts, the mic is detected by the system, the sound of my laptop works, the mic is enabled in the privacy configs for the desired software, the drivers are updated, if I open software that uses the mic, the mic symbol appears in the toolbar showing what software is using it, but if I say anything no audio is sent, if I record something I can hear the static sound, It is not the first time this same problem occur, previously it stopped I tried to solve, gave up, and after some long time it worked again for no known reason, it was working correctly before changing to SSD and briefly time after, all different micrphones i insert in do not work, it is not only the laptop internal mic that does not work properly

when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is... [​IMG]

rafaelroquec, May 5, 2021
Thema:

when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is...

1. when google or other software is accessing mic the icon appears but the input sound is... - Similar Threads - google software accessing

2. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  3. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  4. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunction sound and other icons: Speaker icon and other icon in system tray does absolutely nothing. Any advice is helpful. Please help. I tried to restart and shutdown with no success. I run update on the PC but it is up to date....
  5. Malfunction sound and other icons

Malfunction sound and other icons: Speaker icon and other icon in system tray does absolutely nothing. Any advice is helpful. Please help. I tried to restart and shutdown with no success. I run update on the PC but it is up to date....
  6. Malfunction sound and other icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  8. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  9. Using mic muting all other sounds

Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  10. No sound when using mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound when using mic: Every time I try to use the mic the sound just doesn't come out submitted by /u/iansparta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epayqz/no_sound_when_using_mic/