Windows 10: When Groove Music starts to download metadata?

Discus and support When Groove Music starts to download metadata? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reset the app and it changed to fill missing info but kept the music folder location setting. I dont want tags to be edited. So, When Groove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditNoobie777, May 4, 2020.

1. When Groove Music starts to download metadata?

I reset the app and it changed to fill missing info but kept the music folder location setting.

I dont want tags to be edited.

So,

1. When Groove Music starts to get that metadata and album art, because i turned it off when it was add the songs.
    2. Does it save the data to audio files or to its app data?
    submitted by /u/RedditNoobie777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditNoobie777, May 4, 2020

2. Groove Music metadata

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow methods mentioned below to edit metadata in Groove music app.

Method 1: Edit metadata using Groove.

1. Open Groove and click on
      My Music.
    2. Under My Music, use the filter menu and select
      only on this device.
    3. Right click the album with the tracks and select
      Edit info.
    4. In the Edit Album Info, you can edit the metadata information.
    5. You can even click on
      pencil
      button to update album thumbnail image.
    6. By turning on the switch under
      Show advanced options, you can change song soft title.
    7. Click on Save.

Method 2: Edit metadata using File explorer.

1. Open File Explorer and browse to the location of the songs.
    2. Right click on music file and select
      Properties.
    3. Go to Details tab and click the
      Value field next to the Property.
    4. You can edit the metadata accordingly.
    5. Then click on Apply >
      OK.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, May 4, 2020
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, May 4, 2020
  4. When Groove Music starts to download metadata?

Groove Music metadata

How to delete album metadata that applied by Groove Music. Because I have a Coldplay album song and my emulated Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because the album metadata that applied to my song.

Admin Ribbon, May 4, 2020
Thema:

When Groove Music starts to download metadata?

1. When Groove Music starts to download metadata? - Similar Threads - Groove Music starts

2. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  3. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Support
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  4. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  5. Groove Music metadata

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove Music metadata: How to delete album metadata that applied by Groove Music. Because I have a Coldplay album song and my emulated Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because the album metadata that applied to my song....
  6. Groove music downloads - file format?

Groove music downloads - file format?: i have never used Groove for music simply because I have an iPhone so my music management has always been iTunes. But I was curious about groove. One thing I can't find any info for is if you was to buy a music track from groove/Windows store what file format is downloaded?...
  7. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...
  8. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  10. Groove Music - will it replace existing metadata in local files?

Groove Music - will it replace existing metadata in local files?: I've done some very in-depth tagging on my local music library, so I want to make sure none of that work gets overwritten. I've just started using the Groove Music player and I see the following option: "Automatically retrieve and update missing album art and metadata"....