Windows 10: When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

Discus and support When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've started to notice that my mouse keeps on clicking when I hold my left mouse button down and I've tried to troubleshoot it but I have not gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DimondHannes, Apr 9, 2022.

1. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

I've started to notice that my mouse keeps on clicking when I hold my left mouse button down and I've tried to troubleshoot it but I have not gotten anywhere near the issue. What's wrong?!

:)

DimondHannes, Apr 9, 2022

2. Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, Apr 9, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    Left click mouse

Perform the following steps:
    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy or paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) Net user test /add
    7) Shutdown /r
    8) When the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test
    9) Check the performance of the mouse with the new user named test and report the results into the thread

zbook, Apr 9, 2022
  4. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking mouse_properties.gif

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

1. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking - Similar Threads - holding down left

2. Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...: I've been trying to fix a problem with this laptop's touchpad. Whenever I hold down right click, it only presses right click once and then holds down left click. This is super inconvenient whenever I hop on to play Minecraft whenever I don't have access to my PC or mouse....
  3. Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...: I've been trying to fix a problem with this laptop's touchpad. Whenever I hold down right click, it only presses right click once and then holds down left click. This is super inconvenient whenever I hop on to play Minecraft whenever I don't have access to my PC or mouse....
  4. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  5. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  6. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking: I've started to notice that my mouse keeps on clicking when I hold my left mouse button down and I've tried to troubleshoot it but I have not gotten anywhere near the issue. What's wrong?!...
  7. When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking

When holding down left click on mouse it repeats clicking: I've started to notice that my mouse keeps on clicking when I hold my left mouse button down and I've tried to troubleshoot it but I have not gotten anywhere near the issue. What's wrong?!...
  8. Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kein_Humor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g190gy/windows_10_mouse_lag_when_dragging_holding_left/
  9. mouse will not click and hold

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse will not click and hold: Something has changed in the last few days. The proper function of the mouse is to click once to place the cursor. Click twice to select a word and click three times to select the paragraph. What it is doing, if I click once it selects a word as if I clicked it twice. If I...
  10. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...