Windows 10: when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen

Discus and support when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, When I activate secure boot in windows 10 I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen everytime.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richardhart6, Dec 16, 2022.

1. when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen

Hi, When I activate secure boot in windows 10 I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen everytime.

:)

richardhart6, Dec 16, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Saving boot device in BIOS

Hi Deuxdad

Please explain what you mean by you do not get to save the BIOS setting?

Have you tried clicking on Restore Defaults in BIOS, that should reset the boot device permanently

Also when you go to exit BIOS are you not asked if you wish to save the changes?

For most BIOS if you press F10, that will prompt 'Do you want to save changes and Exit BIOS', that would be worth a try . . .

DaveM121, Dec 16, 2022
  3. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji.

The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No matter what I change or save, that BIOS page cannot be exited. Every time I try to reset the laptop, it keeps showing the BIOS page.

BIOS Setup not showing 'Restore the default configuration'option, UEFI Boot Option, CMOS clear option.

I have turned of fast start up and changed the sequence of boot but nothing seems to help. Windows 10 and other drivers are up to date.

Hope you can help me. I don't want to get to the stage of taking apart my laptop as I am new to computers. I want to exit the BIOS page loop or reset the laptop to factory settings but the option is not showing up.

when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen [​IMG]

Michael_Fagan, Dec 16, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen

Gigabyte BIOS page is opening on the start-up of the pc

Hi AdarshaKhatua,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Find the option to apply BIOS defaults (usually on the Save and Exit tab) and apply that, save those settings and restart your PC.

Check if your PC will boot normally, if not boot into BIOS again, ensure BIOS is in UEFI Mode and that Secure Boot is enabled, then, please check the boot priority list, does the internal drive appear in there/

DaveM121, Dec 16, 2022
Thema:

when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen

1. when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen - Similar Threads - activate secure boot

2. when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen: Hi, When I activate secure boot in windows 10 I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen everytime. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-activate-secure-boot-in-bios-i-save-exit/25a93244-b606-458e-bf45-0412835a3d49
  3. when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i activate secure boot in bios I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen: Hi, When I activate secure boot in windows 10 I save & exit but it returns me to the bios screen everytime. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-activate-secure-boot-in-bios-i-save-exit/25a93244-b606-458e-bf45-0412835a3d49
  4. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  5. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  6. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Have to get into BIOS and hit save and exit for Windows to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have to get into BIOS and hit save and exit for Windows to boot.: Hello, I am having an Acer Aspire 3 running Windows 10 Home. Last day I tried to update AMD graphics drivers using AMDs auto updation tool. Installation was fine but after restart, it was always getting stuck after showing the loading animation. Auto-repair didn't help, reset...
  8. When I turn on secure boot, I boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn on secure boot, I boot to BIOS: If I turn on secure boot in BIOS, my computer doesn't reset and just stays in BIOS. It also doesn't recognise my Samsung 870 Evo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-secure-boot-i-boot-to-bios/35de57fd-c059-4306-8e1d-7b440391774f
  9. Dell InsydeH20 BIOS freezes when I try to Save changes and Exit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell InsydeH20 BIOS freezes when I try to Save changes and Exit: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 7520 (i7 processor) laptop. I recently updated the BIOS to A13 and replaced the DVD drive with a caddy for a second hard drive. I can boot into the OS on this drive by tapping F12 on boot up and changing the boot order to the DVD drive....
  10. Can’t boot after exiting BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t boot after exiting BIOS: So I’ve been running into problem after problem after problem. It started off when my laptop froze out of nowhere so I turned it off and back on again and I noticed I wasn’t able to connect to wifi. I soon figured out that the wifi adapter in device manager wasn’t enabled. So...