Windows 10: When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...

Discus and support When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to allow my child to watch a youtube video that he needs to watch for his online school classes. I put only that one video into allowed... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by noslenwerdna, Apr 23, 2020.

1. When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...

I am trying to allow my child to watch a youtube video that he needs to watch for his online school classes. I put only that one video into allowed online content but the problem is that after he watches the video, all of the suggested videos are then enabled even though their IP address changes to the new video address. I assume that the problem is that youtube is enabled and the watch?v= parameter is not being treated as a different IP address. So I am assuming that my rule to allow my son to watch a certain video is being parsed as allowing youtube.com/ and not youtube.com/watch?V=<only the specific video>

Is there any way around this? Or can this be fixed by microsoft family?

The problem that I have with youtube is that there are some really bad things on youtube that are not adult content but they are extremely inappropriate. I do not want my child seeing videos by horrible children acting horribly and thinking that this is his role model because it's on a video but I do want him to be able to watch specific selected videos for school.

Right now my only solution is that I have to be there and approve each school video when he is ready to watch them. This is not a good solution as it forces me to be a helicopter parent and takes away his limited autonomy. That's not a good lesson for a nine year old.

Please help me with a solution to this problem.

Thank you,

Andrew Nelson

:)

noslenwerdna, Apr 23, 2020

2. Unable to watch youtube videos due to restricted mode on youtube.

Hey all,

So yesterday I manually upgraded to Window 10 since I was tired of waiting for the notification. After the upgrade was complete and I had set everything up to my liking I went to check what Microsoft Edge was like. To my disappointment it seems that the
    new browser isn't allowing me to watch youtube videos due to the Restricted Mode on YouTube. I have tried multiple time to disable this [since it's pretty straight forward to do so] however, it keeps reverting back to Restricted Mode being Enabled. I had no
    problem with YouTube before the update as I was on a Windows 7 OS and was using the Opera browser. Does anyone know how to disable Restricted Mode on YouTube without it doing what it has just done with me?

Thanks in advance.

John_Roberts2097, Apr 23, 2020
  3. michael Win User
    How to download youtube videos in 1080P or maximum resolution available (4K)?

Hi Guys,

I would like to know, How to download youtube videos in 1080P or maximum resolution available (4K)?
    There are several softwares which allows you to do that , to download youtube videos in 1080P or more but are paid ones like Chrispc youtube downloader.. and other addons for browsers allow download of videos in 720P only..

Please guide/suggest some freewares or other options

Thanks,
    michael

michael, Apr 23, 2020
  4. When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...

X2 cannot play YouTube videos

My Nokia X2 RM-1013 phone cannot play videos on YouTube website. This website is crucially important for me.

Suggestion: What about creating a programme to use some windows feature to allow the phone to access and play the YouTube videos, or else you could create a Nokia YouTube app for the X2 phone?

Samson2015, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos...

1. When I allow one youtube video in content restrictions, it then allows all youtube videos... - Similar Threads - allow youtube video

2. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  3. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  4. Am i allow to share a youtube video releated to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am i allow to share a youtube video releated to windows 10?: I want to share a video about windows services, is that allowed? sharing youtube videos? submitted by /u/AllPoliceAreBastards [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uk9acd/am_i_allow_to_share_a_youtube_video_releated_to/
  5. Only allow specific video links on Youtube with Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Only allow specific video links on Youtube with Family Safety: We have tried granting access to specific urls on websites such as Youtube and Pinterest but once one permission is given, access to the entire domain is open. How can we allow access to specific urls instead of entire domains?...
  6. how do you allow adult youtube videos

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you allow adult youtube videos: my computer does not allow permission to youtube vids. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-allow-adult-youtube-videos/57703114-99f2-47e1-8e14-59fc179f2b4c
  7. Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing: I have Family Safety setup for my children and configured for whitelisting urls only. I have set up a YouTube playlist for my children on my youtube account and added the link in their Content Restrictions > Web browsing > Always Allowed websites. I have found that from...
  8. youtube videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos: For some reason when I click on to watch a youtube video it gives me this message. The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context....
  9. YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube Videos: I have a new PC with fully updated software. All websites work great, EXCEPT YouTube. I cannot play YouTube Videos. Do I have to switch to Chrome to use YouTube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos/e6c7bff6-7334-4230-855a-e3aee895b0ba
  10. No Video in YouTube Music Videos.

in Browsers and Email
    No Video in YouTube Music Videos.: Hi folks, Just like the title said, my problem is that I'm not getting any video when I try to watch a music video on YouTube. In the past all I've had to do was reload the page and then it would work, but after smashing F5 hundreds of times I've come to the conclusion...