Windows 10: When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting...

Discus and support When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On shutdown: Task Host Window stopping background tasks. Microsoft/windows/devicedirectoryclient/register user device.I am on Windows 11 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KINGPIN 31, Jun 20, 2024.

1. When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting...

On shutdown: Task Host Window stopping background tasks. Microsoft/windows/devicedirectoryclient/register user device.I am on Windows 11 64-bit operating system

:)

KINGPIN 31, Jun 20, 2024
  2. figureguy Win User

Program manager prevents shut down

I first wrote about this problem in AUGUST of 2015! I have followed the steps and suggestions on this thread, as well as others I had found from people with the same issue. The message still shows up, and I have been keeping track over the last couple
    of weeks when I shut down. It takes from 3 to 10 seconds from when the message shows for my PC to shut down. I can't believe that 6 months after it was first noticed that there hasn't been some suggestion, patch or information given that could correct this.

figureguy, Jun 20, 2024
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jun 20, 2024
  4. When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting...

Program Manager is preventing shut down

Hi,I have a company owned Laptop with windows 10 in it.Yesterday I ran few updates and since then qhile shutting down my laptop,I am getting the error "Program Manager is preventing shut down" with a cancel and shut down anyway button.Can anyone let me
    know why this happens? And what is the resolution? Will it make my pc crash?

AbhinandaDas, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting...

1. When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting... - Similar Threads - shutting down getting

2. When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I am shutting down my pc i am getting a pop up which is preventing me from shutting...: On shutdown: Task Host Window stopping background tasks. Microsoft/windows/devicedirectoryclient/register user device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-shutting-down-my-pc-i-am-getting-a-pop/9c5530d4-341f-4774-95db-42f4dea6a9c6
  3. I am unable to shut down my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to shut down my computer.: On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There also trouble shoot problem I thinks that is the main problem. on trying to shut down my computer using windows power button...
  4. I am unable to shut down my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to shut down my computer.: On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There also trouble shoot problem I thinks that is the main problem. on trying to shut down my computer using windows power button...
  5. Help I don't know what to do when this pops up when am shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I don't know what to do when this pops up when am shutting down: DesktopXWindowXamlSource: OneDrive.exe - Application ErrorThe instruction at Ox00007FFEA5016693 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.Click on OK to terminate the programOK...
  6. Help I don't know what to do when this pops up when am shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help I don't know what to do when this pops up when am shutting down: DesktopXWindowXamlSource: OneDrive.exe - Application ErrorThe instruction at Ox00007FFEA5016693 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.Click on OK to terminate the programOK...
  7. PC not displaying anything when I am turning it on after forcefully shutting it down from...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not displaying anything when I am turning it on after forcefully shutting it down from...: So, I have a desktop pc running windows 10 version 21H1. I mistakenly sent my pc to sleep mode instead of shutting it down. After that I moved the mouse, pressed the keyboard keys and the power button too, but was not able to start it up again. So I pressed the power button...
  8. Random string of letters and numbers pop up and prevent my pc from shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random string of letters and numbers pop up and prevent my pc from shutting down: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_SnakeEater [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epbtsn/random_string_of_letters_and_numbers_pop_up_and/
  9. Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down: So I have 2 programs in the autostart, Winamp and Chatty and before format Winamp used to prevent from shutting down, now after the format it's Chatty (I believe having them in autostart casuses the problem, maybe it's something different). Is there any solution? submitted...
  10. I am getting previously visited websites from before I shut down popping up when I re start...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am getting previously visited websites from before I shut down popping up when I re start...: I am getting previously visited websites from before I shut down popping up when I re start my computer. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-previously-visited-websites-from/502b9002-c069-4bfc-a8e7-ecaa9b68cc7d