Windows 10: When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

Discus and support When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not... in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by VineetRana12, Jun 19, 2019.

1. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything be done or it will be like this.

It will be helpful if there are is any suggestion about the same.

:)

VineetRana12, Jun 19, 2019

2. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not played

Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the
    Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything be done or it will be like this.

It will be helpful if there are is any suggestion about the same.

VineetRana12, Jun 27, 2019
  3. daverand Win User
    Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode.

I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify

This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so starting this one.

daverand, Jun 27, 2019
  4. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

Cortana will not recognize certain songs on Spotify when I ask her to play them

Hi Everyone,

Whether I'm using Cortana on my computer or whether I use Cortana on my Harmon Kardon Invoke, Cortana will not recognize certain songs to play (while my Alexa Echo and Google Home do it perfectly almost each time) on Spotify.

For example, I will ask Cortana:

Me: "Hey Cortana"

Cortana: (Indicates by sound she is listening)

Me: "Play Thriller by Michael Jackson"

Cortana: "Alright"...."I can't find that, but here is some other music by Michael Jackson."

I've done this with Frank Sinatra and a bunch of other artists, yet, Cortana will not recognize songs by these artists; she just defaults to a play list or radio station.

I've tried every logical permutation to get her to work, but to no avail. Again, it works with most artists, but not with some other major artists...while the other voice assistants from competitors work near perfectly no matter what with Spotify.

Any help is gratefully appreciated,

ReggieWhen I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not... :)

ReginaldWilliams, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

1. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not... - Similar Threads - ask Cortana play

2. Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?: If you say "Hey Cortana, what song is this?" She'll respond with something like "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I believe she was able to do that a couple years ago. What happened? Is she still able to listen to a song and name it, just like Shazam?...
  3. songs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    songs: I have a lot of questions..but 2 for now... I have duplicate songs & file Paths..how do I chose the correct file path? 2 When I delete a song it come back & sais $recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs/9cf60846-d7f5-4028-8a5f-ae1da8b415cb
  4. Overlay of spotify when i press a button to play a song the song does not come up in the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overlay of spotify when i press a button to play a song the song does not come up in the...: Could someone help me? The overlay when i play and pause a song (it also is on any platform thats playing music or a video) is not showing up in the top right corner of the screen. submitted by /u/skrikarn92 [link] [comments]...
  5. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...
  6. Songs wont play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Songs wont play: I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs-wont-play/ae9d05b2-1dbe-4b6b-b38e-d9b3f994312a
  7. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  8. certain songs won't play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certain songs won't play: how do I play songs not supported by media player because the codec or formatting is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-songs-wont-play/46e740f9-7175-4b2e-9c2e-a5e7a1571850
  9. Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont): I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise. From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive. When i tried to play songs from my local part c: ,...
  10. You need a subscription to play <song> by <artist> on Groove - Cortana

You need a subscription to play <song> by <artist> on Groove - Cortana: [img] How do I fix this? Like 80% of the songs in my music library cannot be played by Cortana either by voice or typing a command in (I just get told I need a subscription when I already HAVE the song--only a few songs play properly via Cortana). 65182

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana says its playing on spotify but nothing happens

2. spotify will not take request from cortina