Windows 10: when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen

Discus and support when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; it happens everyday i need to reboot it few times then it works fine the rest of the day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PetrifiedAstronaut, Aug 15, 2020.

1. when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen

it happens everyday i need to reboot it few times then it works fine the rest of the day

:)

PetrifiedAstronaut, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Nigel Fds Win User

Laptop occasionaly turns restarts with blue screen and weird fan noise

I have a Lenovo G50 Laptop.
    For past few months , sometimes while using it, it restarts with a blue screen and then there's a weird noise from the laptop like a fan getting stuck.

I checked the system logs, the error says memory management issue. So my assumption is something to do with RAM or Harddisk.

I tried the below:

1. I did a windows harddisk scan but it did not show any errors.
    2. Checked speed fan SMART , but it shows no error.

when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen Qg2bh.png

1. Lenovo also has hardware scan tool, and it scanned all devices but showed no error.

I'm thinking of upgrading my harddisk to a new SSD but not sure if the HDD is at fault.
    What could be the issue?

Nigel Fds, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's workswhen i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen :)

Hendry, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Virus-j Win User

when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen

1. when i boot my laptop it does a weird noise and then gets stuck with a black screen - Similar Threads - boot laptop does

2. My pc when I attempt to boot it up, gets stuck on the black boot up screen after the black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc when I attempt to boot it up, gets stuck on the black boot up screen after the black...: This black loading screen is the same as the previous but without the windows logo, where it gets stuck there and dosent go to another screen, just 4 or 5 spinning white dots until I restart, where it either does the same thing or the pc tries to repair itself, where it fails...
  3. My pc when I attempt to boot it up, gets stuck on the black boot up screen after the black...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc when I attempt to boot it up, gets stuck on the black boot up screen after the black...: This black loading screen is the same as the previous but without the windows logo, where it gets stuck there and dosent go to another screen, just 4 or 5 spinning white dots until I restart, where it either does the same thing or the pc tries to repair itself, where it fails...
  4. My pc when I attempt to boot it up, gets stuck on the black boot up screen after the black...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does my laptop get stuck at this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop get stuck at this screen?: My laptop sometimes gets stuck at this screen. If it shows the time and date then on pressing any random key i can enter the pon and use it but if it gets stuck at this screen it never loads any further. If i press the power button it sleeps but returns to this screen upon...
  6. Why does my laptop get stuck at this screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop get stuck at this screen?: My laptop sometimes gets stuck at this screen. If it shows the time and date then on pressing any random key i can enter the pon and use it but if it gets stuck at this screen it never loads any further. If i press the power button it sleeps but returns to this screen upon...
  7. Why does my laptop get stuck at this screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. when i boot my laptop it need to be charging to work, if its not charging it does a noise...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i boot my laptop it need to be charging to work, if its not charging it does a noise...: i tried the start boot repair but didnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-boot-my-laptop-it-need-to-be-charging-to/4cf5c5b2-5672-4eb1-b64a-c17fd986a514
  9. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...
  10. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...