Windows 10: When i boot my pc I get the Bad_system_config_info message. I fixed it last night though,...

Discus and support When i boot my pc I get the Bad_system_config_info message. I fixed it last night though,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night windows diagnostic tool was working and wouldn’t fail every time like this morning. After it failed I did a system restore point, and a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lurkorsas, Jan 14, 2021.

1. When i boot my pc I get the Bad_system_config_info message. I fixed it last night though,...

Last night windows diagnostic tool was working and wouldn’t fail every time like this morning.

After it failed I did a system restore point, and a few of my non essential files were missing like the blizzard launcher, but i don’t remember if I installed it after the restore point.

But then this morning I try to start it and get bad_system_config_info before a menu with options like reset, command prompt, restore point, etc... I tried a few different guides and they haven’t worked.

This pc doesn’t have anything valuable saved on it so Im not worried about having to completely reset it, but the reset option immediately fails and im forced to cancel it.

submitted by /u/Lurkorsas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lurkorsas, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Bad_System_Config_Info message repeatedly and restart message with no successful bootup

Hi Jana,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern regarding your Bad_System_Config_Info, we suggest that you perform the following steps
    to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

When i boot my pc I get the Bad_system_config_info message. I fixed it last night though,...

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Hi Tanveer,

There may be several reasons why you are getting these error message. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error codes except from the error message BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO ?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried setting it again to your previous settings and see if the issue still persist?
    The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. Kindly follow the steps below to perform a system restore:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

When i boot my pc I get the Bad_system_config_info message. I fixed it last night though,...

1. When i boot my pc I get the Bad_system_config_info message. I fixed it last night though,... - Similar Threads - boot Bad_system_config_info message

2. i get bsod when i boot my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get bsod when i boot my pc: today when i was playing i got bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_areathen whenever i boot up my pc i get this bsodwhenever i press enter i get more errors like thisand when ipress f8 my pc freezes and shutsdownim not sure what to do now...
  3. i get bsod when i boot my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get bsod when i boot my pc: today when i was playing i got bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_areathen whenever i boot up my pc i get this bsodwhenever i press enter i get more errors like thisand when ipress f8 my pc freezes and shutsdownim not sure what to do now...
  4. i get bsod when i boot my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error: I had started my laptopAnd typed ‘msconfig’ in quick run.Then I went to boot sectionOver there I went to advancedThere was an option of ‘maximum memory’ so I had changed it a Little unknowingly that what will happen next.Then I restarted my laptop and now I am getting a...
  6. At the time of booting I am getting this message for last 3 days,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At the time of booting I am getting this message for last 3 days,...: At the time of booting I am getting this message for last 3 days, "c:\windowsApps\Microsoft.549981 C3.. is used by another programme". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-the-time-of-booting-i-am-getting-this-message/ae30d364-85a5-41f3-82ef-cf1476d2fa6a
  7. At the time of booting I am getting this message for last 3 days,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At the time of booting I am getting this message for last 3 days,...: At the time of booting I am getting this message for last 3 days, "c:\windowsApps\Microsoft.549981 C3.. is used by another programme". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-the-time-of-booting-i-am-getting-this-message/ae30d364-85a5-41f3-82ef-cf1476d2fa6a
  8. Updated my system last night and this is what I get when I boot up... Never had any issues...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated my system last night and this is what I get when I boot up... Never had any issues...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fiddlemydonglol [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcrn2p/updated_my_system_last_night_and_this_is_what_i/
  9. I updated my pc last night and when I booted it up this started happening and I don’t know...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated my pc last night and when I booted it up this started happening and I don’t know...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MondragonPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/illrmf/i_updated_my_pc_last_night_and_when_i_booted_it/
  10. Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC: My laptop: Dell vostro 3550 I've just disassembled and cleaned my laptop just the main and fan, everything even test laptop work well . But that night laptop shows BSODError: Bad_systems_config_info. I've tried boot in safemode but still this error! I've tried system...