Windows 10: When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

Discus and support When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ? how can windows do this automatically? and can i change my pc monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunzorla, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Gunzorla Win User

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ?

how can windows do this automatically?

and can i change my pc monitor to desktop 1 ? because when i Identify display in Settings my pc monitor detected as desktop 2

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor windows-10-detect-displays.jpg

:)

Gunzorla, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Wales2345 Win User

Need to disable the extended desktop mode on a 2nd monitor

I want my kid's Windows 10 Pro's setting to stick to duplicate for his 2nd monitor which is wall mounted in my study. So I can keep an eye on what he is doing on his computer. He denies he changed the setting to the extended desktop mode to avoid my watching
    him today. He is a regular user on his computer, but he still has the access to change the multi-monitor settings.

How do I block his access? Or put it another way, how do I make the setting fixed to duplicate? Or can the extended desktop mode for the 2nd display be disabled? Or is there a way to do this by changing the registry settings? Thank you very much in advance.

Wales2345, Nov 27, 2018
  3. how to extend display on new monitor windows 10

right click desktop>>display settings

scroll down and select extend to this desktop, go up and apply.

click on the 2nd monitor icon and do the same for it and apply. restart PC.

If you want #2 monitor as the #1 MAIN monitor, then drag the #2 monitor icon left to the #1 position and restart PC.

I also suggest to set the resolution for both displays the same.

Seahawks_1965, Nov 27, 2018
  4. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

2nd monitor

16 bit ????

VGA ???? to HDMI ????

But when I plug that one in, it won't let anything open on the first monitor and nothing on the 2nd

Did you go to the display settings and try extending the desktops for each and apply the settings and restart pc.

Seahawks_1965, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

1. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - boot manually extend

2. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor: no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ? how can windows do this automatically? and can i change my pc monitor to desktop 1 ? because when i Identify display in Settings my pc monitor detected as desktop 2 [ATTACH] 122440
  3. cant get into my pc desktop as I have forgotton my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant get into my pc desktop as I have forgotton my password: I can get into my Microsoft account from a borrowed laptop but cant get into my pc because I have moved house and forgotten my password please help as I have been trying to get back on for over 6 weeks now... I have tried the recovery but it asks about x box and skype and...
  4. I have lost the contents of my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2
  5. I need to connect to a 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to connect to a 2nd monitor: I have an HP laptop, and one monitor is also HP, but I want to connect to a SANSUI monitor...how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-need-to-connect-to-a-2nd-monitor/17eecfc9-409e-49d2-b1e9-738295fd9846
  6. I Have a virus On My PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Have a virus On My PC: Log OS : Windows 10 Version 1607 Browser : Microsoft Edge Effect : Flashing Screen Going Into Screen Saver And Back To Edge I Got A Virus On My PC...
  7. my pc keeps freezing when I play games then i have to shut off the pc manually. It use to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc keeps freezing when I play games then i have to shut off the pc manually. It use to...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 7/5/2018 4:16:44 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (70368744177664),(2) User: SYSTEM Computer: eli Description: The system has...
  8. Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen: Howdy, I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays. What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and...
  9. How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?: What I would like to do is to Connect Two Monitors to my Computer (which I have already done) But how do I display different Content on each Monitor. As an example, I would like one Monitor to display my email all the time while using the other Monitor for normal...
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...