Windows 10: When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

Discus and support When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ? how can windows do this automatically? and can i change my pc monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunzorla, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Gunzorla Win User

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ?

how can windows do this automatically?

and can i change my pc monitor to desktop 1 ? because when i Identify display in Settings my pc monitor detected as desktop 2

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor windows-10-detect-displays.jpg

:)

Gunzorla, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Wales2345 Win User

Need to disable the extended desktop mode on a 2nd monitor

I want my kid's Windows 10 Pro's setting to stick to duplicate for his 2nd monitor which is wall mounted in my study. So I can keep an eye on what he is doing on his computer. He denies he changed the setting to the extended desktop mode to avoid my watching
    him today. He is a regular user on his computer, but he still has the access to change the multi-monitor settings.

How do I block his access? Or put it another way, how do I make the setting fixed to duplicate? Or can the extended desktop mode for the 2nd display be disabled? Or is there a way to do this by changing the registry settings? Thank you very much in advance.

Wales2345, Nov 27, 2018
  3. how to extend display on new monitor windows 10

right click desktop>>display settings

scroll down and select extend to this desktop, go up and apply.

click on the 2nd monitor icon and do the same for it and apply. restart PC.

If you want #2 monitor as the #1 MAIN monitor, then drag the #2 monitor icon left to the #1 position and restart PC.

I also suggest to set the resolution for both displays the same.

Seahawks_1965, Nov 27, 2018
  4. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

2nd monitor

16 bit ????

VGA ???? to HDMI ????

But when I plug that one in, it won't let anything open on the first monitor and nothing on the 2nd

Did you go to the display settings and try extending the desktops for each and apply the settings and restart pc.

Seahawks_1965, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

1. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - boot manually extend

2. I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?: I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?Taskbar is unlocked and have tried taskbar settings....
  3. I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?: I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?Taskbar is unlocked and have tried taskbar settings....
  4. I have a laptop + 2nd monitor. How do I move the taskbar to the laptop from the 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Monitor as Extended Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor as Extended Desktop?: Greetings all, I found a computer that I didn't know I had........hummnn.......It has an ASUS motherboard, win 7, 32bit, as an OS............There is on-board video (PCI type port) which works fine utilizing the typical port (PCI?) from the motherboard. 1).....I want to...
  6. I run extended desktop, but switch that monitor to another PC and...

I run extended desktop, but switch that monitor to another PC and...: the extended desktop running app is dead to me, I cant retrieve it, it is set to show on the extended desktop. How can I move it back to the non extended desktop??? I was hoping to be able to right click the icon on taskbar and say move right. So close it and open it, it will...
  7. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display: While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on...
  8. Extending Display to a 2nd PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending Display to a 2nd PC: Is there a way to extend the display of 1 laptop to a 2nd laptop? How do you make the 2nd laptop visible so if can be detected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-display-to-a-2nd-pc/9b1f9aab-1319-4b59-b825-2de8fa870a30
  9. When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor

When I boot my PC, I have to manually extend desktop to 2nd monitor: no Signal on 1st desktop while boot. what should i do with this problem ? how can windows do this automatically? and can i change my pc monitor to desktop 1 ? because when i Identify display in Settings my pc monitor detected as desktop 2 [ATTACH] 122440
  10. How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I extend the desktop when using dual monitors?: What I would like to do is to Connect Two Monitors to my Computer (which I have already done) But how do I display different Content on each Monitor. As an example, I would like one Monitor to display my email all the time while using the other Monitor for normal...