Windows 10: When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to...

Discus and support When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to restart" And it keeps looping i tried almost everytime i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TusharKajania, Mar 31, 2020.

1. When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to...

When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part     please remove this media and press any key to... [​IMG]When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to restart" And it keeps looping i tried almost everytime i found i just want my pc to run and i cant go out and every shop is closed due to covid19 and i am desperate to run my pc so please help me

:)

TusharKajania, Mar 31, 2020
  2. RMDEQ Win User

Windows 10 boot up displays Remove disks or other media Press any key to restart

My UEFI (actually motherboard maker actually calls it "UEFI BIOS") has three relevant options for Boot Override:

1. IntelSSD

2. USBRecoveryStick

3. UEFI:USBRecoveryStick

(Yes, 2 & 3 are the same USB stick, but I don't know how they are different)

When I boot to each of these respective options using the UEFI Boot Override, I get:

1. The error I originally reported: Remove disks or other media Press any key to restart

2. Boots to full screen width Recovery Environment, where I can access the BitLocker disks just fine after providing the key files or even typing in the key.

3. Gives me an error 0xc0000007 and says there is a problem with \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.

I'm looking into whether BCDBoot is part of the solution. My system has UEFI (not BIOS), but the IntelSSD is MBR. Some things I've read also suggest that the System Partition has to be the active partition when using BitLocker, not the Windows partition.

RMDEQ, Mar 31, 2020
  3. shawnc007 Win User
    Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

HI Dave and thanks for writing. Removable media? I'm not sure exactly what that means. But, I do have a keyboard and mouse that were connected to the computer thru a USB plug-in. I removed the plug and tried to start it up with the same result: a black screen
    that says, "Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

shawnc007, Mar 31, 2020
  4. When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to...

UEFI boot options disappeared from BIOS; now getting reboot and select proper boot device

In short, I need to get the system/BIOS to allow UEFI booting of the SSD.

Computer started up today with default BIOS settings.

• Only SSD 1(Windows boot) and SSD 2 were listed in BIOS; HDD 1 and HDD 2 were not visible
    • System would not boot. Gave the 'reboot and select proper boot device' message
    • Boot menu has no UEFI/EFI (or Windows Boot Manager) entries anymore
    I went into Partition Magic/Gparted and confirmed :

• All drives are still showing
    • All drives' data is in tact [EFI volume/partition is still listed (and can be browsed/files accessible)]
    Gparted print out (note dev/sda2 apparently that is normal behavior) :

/dev/sda1 (locked) EFI System Partition--Fat32--/media/sda1--100.00mb--46.81MiB--53.19MiB--boot,esp
    /dev/sda2 (exclamation mark) Microsoft reserved partition--unknown file system--no mount point--128.00MiB--unused spaced--msftres
    /dev/sda3 basic data partition--ntfs--/media/sda3--118.58GiB--70.78GiB--47.80GiB--msftdata
    /dev/sda4--ntfs--/media/sda4--450.00MiB--327.71MiB--122.29MiB--hidden,diag

As I am able to boot Windows installation from USB, I tried the standard startup repair. It said it was not able to fix any problems.

Next I tried to repair the EFI with Diskpart in the shell:

• sel vol 1 (note that Diskpart states EFI partition is 'hidden')
    • assign letter=z:
    • cd /d z:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-us /s vz /f ALL
    It completed all tasks successfully. Unfortunately that did not work.

Other things I have tried :

• Removing CMOS battery and replacing with a new one - my HDD started showing up again after doing this.
    • Using the old MBR commands(in hopes it would force the Windows startup repair to recognize and fix a problem)
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd​
    • Loaded BIOS 'optimized'/defaults (the system did this already once before, hence why I am in this situation, though doing it manually seemed like an option worth trying. Note that after doing this and restarting the system, HDD's stopped showing again)
    • Removed new CMOS battery and left it out of the system for thirty minutes
    • Formatted EFI and msftres partitions, then rebuilt the EFI boot records
    In summary, am looking to force the BIOS to see the EFI partition on the SSD boot drive, as it is not an option any longer.

newconroer, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to...

1. When i boot my usb it shows "Efi part please remove this media and press any key to... - Similar Threads - boot usb shows

2. When I press Enter key ,it types 2 and when I press any other let it gives nothing . please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press Enter key ,it types 2 and when I press any other let it gives nothing . please...: Also the keyboard ceases to act sometimes .Its frustrating . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-enter-key-it-types-2-and-when-i-press/45557237-2ea8-4082-9736-08d5cd9f76c7
  3. When I press Enter key ,it types 2 and when I press any other let it gives nothing . please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press Enter key ,it types 2 and when I press any other let it gives nothing . please...: Also the keyboard ceases to act sometimes .Its frustrating . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-enter-key-it-types-2-and-when-i-press/45557237-2ea8-4082-9736-08d5cd9f76c7
  4. exF \n Remove disks or other media. \n Press any key to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exF \n Remove disks or other media. \n Press any key to restart: Hello When I booted Windows, I had problem with srttrail.txt So I surfed the Internet, and tried all the processes that I could do cmd ... etc But I thought I cannot solve this problem. I trapped in an infinite loop. After a lot of consideration, I decided to format...
  5. No EFI in any drive to remove bootgrub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No EFI in any drive to remove bootgrub: I tried this article (https://askubuntu.com/questions/429610/uninstall-grub-and-use-windows-bootloader) to try to uninstall bootgrub after I deleted the volume but it says to fin a volume that has the EFI directory in it. EFI isn’t in any drive and now I don’t know what to do...
  6. EFI PART - Please remove this media and press any key to reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EFI PART - Please remove this media and press any key to reboot: I tried Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 using Rufus and I always get this error/message. My PC has been infected by ransomware and I can't get it to at least boot the USB drive. When I try booting into my SATA HDD, I get a Blue Screen with...
  7. "Remove disks or other media" appears when I try to boot to USB

"Remove disks or other media" appears when I try to boot to USB: Before you ask I have an Acer Aspire E14 that is running Windows 10 version 1809. I am trying to boot to my USB, because I want to go back (clean install) to Windows 7. 1 month has passed, so I cannot downgrade. The issue So I booted to BIOS and switched my boot order to...
  8. press any key to boot from floppy.

press any key to boot from floppy.: I wiped HDD on my 64 bit 10 Pro desktop now unable to reinstall 10 pro. No OS now.. Can I use my 32 bit Vista Home Premium to create installation media for 10 pro 64 bit. I have digital licence for 10 pro. Sam...
  9. Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB

Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB: Cannot find a solution. Lots of chatter, Disk runs, Windows logo comes up, little circle goes round and round then black screen, hit any button to boot from disk, usb and windows hell starts all over. I am using Windows 10/ Home DVD. I have tried multiple disk drives,...
  10. EFI error, no usb installation media boot for recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EFI error, no usb installation media boot for recovery: Good morning to all I have a laptop HP AF101NV with an A6-6310 with 4GB RAM. After a crash I get a blue screen with the error: File:\EFI\Microsoft\BOOT\BCD error code: 0x0000185 I used to the windows media creation tool to make a bootable usb to recover the system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. efi part please remove media

2. please remove this media and press any key to reboot

3. efi part please remove this media

4. efi part please remove this media and press any key to reboot,
  5. efi part please remove this media reddit,
  6. efi part remove this media,
  7. When i boot my usb it shows Efi part please remove this media and press any key to restart,
  8. efi part,
  9. efi please remove this media,
  10. EFI PART WHEN I WANT TO BOOT FROM USB,
  11. Efi partition please remove this media,
  12. please remove this media and press reboot,
  13. nu vot,
  14. Please remove this media and press,
  15. please remove this media and any key to reboot