Windows 10: When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....

Discus and support When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Where can I locate my code? I need to reinstall Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ceewolfceewolf, Oct 6, 2020.

1. When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....

When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Where can I locate my code? I need to reinstall Windows 10 due to some computer issues and missing .dll files.

:)

ceewolfceewolf, Oct 6, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....

1. When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version.... - Similar Threads - bought computer upgraded

2. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....: I don't have access to the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-had-windows-8-preinstalled-on-it-i/f1007b0a-b880-408e-9308-1f70ee33b53d
  3. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....: I don't have access to the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-had-windows-8-preinstalled-on-it-i/f1007b0a-b880-408e-9308-1f70ee33b53d
  4. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free: can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-windows-8-to-windows-10-for-free/fcbe425a-6e79-41bb-9100-5b9d444f5534
  6. can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free: can I upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-windows-8-to-windows-10-for-free/fcbe425a-6e79-41bb-9100-5b9d444f5534
  7. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  8. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  9. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.: i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe...
  10. can i upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free?: can i upgrade windows 8 to windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/can-i-upgrade-windows-8-to-windows-10-for-free/4a634a0a-4e9e-4db7-912b-c7b736d86f30