Windows 10: When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the...

Discus and support When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the installed RAM is now only 2GB with 1.82 USABLE. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BNACOSTALES, Nov 8, 2019.

1. When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the...

When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the installed RAM is now only 2GB with 1.82 USABLE. How do I fix this?

:)

BNACOSTALES, Nov 8, 2019
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Nov 8, 2019
  3. 1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

I have Windows 10 32 bit installed in my laptop. I upgraded the memory to 2+2gb. It has two slots. BIOS Says that the RAM is 4gb Installed. But in my windows it looks different. It has 4gb, 2.98gb Usable. I try to replugging the RAM. After it, the usable
    RAM is 1.71gb of 4gb ram. I have tried to uncheck maximum memory in MsConfig, but nothing was happened. You can see the shared memory in the image below. I tried to open the bios, it says 4 gb of ram installed. My laptop is Lenovo B40-45 with AMD APU A8-6410
    Processor. How to solve the problem? Help me please

Faizz Jazadi, Nov 8, 2019
  4. When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the...

1. When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the... - Similar Threads - bought laptop has

2. My laptop isn't showing up as a device when I try to install a game I bought

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My laptop isn't showing up as a device when I try to install a game I bought: I bought a game today and am trying to install it now. It says that I own the game and I press on 'install on my devices'. And then this comes up. [ATTACH] On my microsoft account it says that my laptop is attached, so why isn't it showing up to install this game? I've...
  3. So I bought my wife a laptop..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I bought my wife a laptop..: It was an HP Elitebook I think. Decent hardware. I bought extra ram up to 32 Gigs. Came with a lot of HP bloatware but whatever. She was just gonna use it to surf the net, arrange photos, little bit of work stuff. No biggie. Anyways, I get a message from her the other day,...
  4. can i use this ram in my this laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i use this ram in my this laptop: Can i install this ram Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL-17 SODIMM in hp-15 BE012TU laptop as my second ram to get 12 gb of total ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-this-ram-in-my-this-laptop/6ef9b7a9-fdbc-4ae6-bd6c-3b928e4228d3
  5. i cannot update my laptop. when i start update then laptop do process of updating and than...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cannot update my laptop. when i start update then laptop do process of updating and than...: ''Your device is missing important security and quality fixes'' this error cause and than i serch for new update they show update -"' 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4495667)"' and i download update and than laptop starting...
  6. My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger: Happy new years guy. I have a problem with my Laptop, it works very well when it is not connected to the charger, but when I plug it in it works only for 5-15 minutes then crashes and I have to force shutdown. I have noticed that if I turn off Background App it works smoothly...
  7. My laptop shut off when I unplugg it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shut off when I unplugg it: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop, the battery shows it is fully charged but whenever I unplug it shuts off and it won't turn on until I plug it again. Sometimes it does turn on for a while but after some time it shuts off again....
  8. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger: Issue's in the subject, I keep getting a blue screen of death shortly after plugging in my charger. It only blue screens when I charge my computer, but when the battery is full everything is fine and i can keep it with the charging cable plugged in. I can't charge my laptop...
  9. will I ever get my laptop back to the condition it was when i bought it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will I ever get my laptop back to the condition it was when i bought it: After updating to windows 10 it seems everything went wrong I have kept my old laptop and amazed at the difference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/will-i-ever-get-my-laptop-back-to-the-condition-it/4af687e8-e2a4-49c0-b91d-8758bb86e451
  10. After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes...: So I recently bought a SEAGATE Firecuda SSHD to replace my broken HDD and added 4GB RAM to my laptop. I was able to install windows 10 in no time using my bootable drive. I installed google chrome and started using it for research but after an hour or so of using, my laptop...