Windows 10: When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz

Discus and support When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings from Australia. I'm having a problem where when I change my resolution to stretched (1440x1920) it resets my hertz back to 60. But when on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bonylias whiteman, Feb 21, 2019.

1. When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz

Greetings from Australia.

I'm having a problem where when I change my resolution to stretched (1440x1920) it resets my hertz back to 60. But when on native (1920x1080) it's 144hz. I'm on windows 10 with a 144hz monitor.

:)

bonylias whiteman, Feb 21, 2019

2. Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

Already done that but doesnt help.

Look what I Tried to do is as following:

my current settings:

Screenshot

What I tried to change it to:

Screenshot

after I apply, it appears to the windows that it is on 1600x900 @85 hertz, but obviously the resolution is lower, so I check the monitor information, it says 1440x900 @85 hertz

if I change the resolution to any other resolution, and then increase the hertz (anything above 60), it always changes the resolution to 1440x900.

Abd Al rahmanAbo El Nour, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

ok, well this is a bit weird problem I am facing.

I used to use windows 8.1, and in windows 8.1 I used to increase my screen hertz to 85 on resolution 1600x900 with no problem.

but now in windows 10, the resolution automatically decreases to 1440x900 85hertz from 1600x900 60 hertz, I tried it on any other resolution, and hertz. Just if I change the hertz from the default of 60 under any resolution, it forces the resolution of 1440x900,
    it happened only in windows 10 and never happened in windows 8 or 8.1 :/

If someone can tell me how to fix this would be appreciated.

Abd Al rahmanAbo El Nour, Feb 21, 2019
  4. When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz

Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

Hi Abd,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

By default the hertz in Windows 10 is 60.
    I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select
        Properties.
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz

1. When I change my Resolution it resets my hertz - Similar Threads - change Resolution resets

2. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  3. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  4. My pc resolution is not changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc resolution is not changing.: My monitor is 2k 165hz but i cant use it in that way anymore. When i changed my resolution to 4k i cant go back to 2k 165hz, now i am using it 2k 60hz, can anyone help me?...
  5. Cant change my resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change my resolution: Hi!Ive been playing rocket league and out of nothing my PC restarted, now i have resolution 1024x768 instead of mine 2560x1440 and i can change it only to 1280x1024 or 800x600.I tried to restore my PC but dont have restore point even when i have protection on on disc C. :I...
  6. Cant change my resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant change my resolution: Hi!Ive been playing rocket league and out of nothing my PC restarted, now i have resolution 1024x768 instead of mine 2560x1440 and i can change it only to 1280x1024 or 800x600.I tried to restore my PC but dont have restore point even when i have protection on on disc C. :I...
  7. Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia Laptop Screen Hertz Changing when being Plugged.: My laptop screen has 2 hertz options, 60 and 144, my problem is that whenever it goes onto 144 Hertz the screen begins messing up and is unusable, the laptop is being replaced in a couple months but I still need to use it. The hertz changes whenever it is plugged in. there is...
  8. mouse hertz

mouse hertz: hi, i was wondering if it is possible to change the hertz on a mousepad and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hertz/9b592b1e-7ba5-46e5-9d60-36259d040fdb
  9. My resolution changed and I can’t change it back

My resolution changed and I can’t change it back: Hello, I have been having this problem with my windows 10 resolution. Yesterday, I was messing with the settings on the nvidia control panel and I clicked to restore all global settings in the “Manage 3d Settings” tab. When I did that, the screen turned black for a second and...
  10. When I change my Resolution to 1440x1080 my hertz resets to 60

When I change my Resolution to 1440x1080 my hertz resets to 60: When I change my resolution to 1440x1080 (nomally 1920x1080 144hz) my hertz resets to 60hz and then if I try to change back to 144hz my resolution goes to 640x280 or something so im forced to play 1920x1080 144hz instead of what I want which is 1440x1080 144hz...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. borderalnds pc resolution proeblem with hertz