Windows 10: When I change settings on my Surface Pro tablet, it changes settings on my Windows 10 PC,...

Discus and support When I change settings on my Surface Pro tablet, it changes settings on my Windows 10 PC,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't seem to find a way. Help would be appreciated. Specifically trying to enable dark app mode on the tablet (so the on-screen keyboard isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crawlinginmycrayfish, Apr 3, 2020.

1. When I change settings on my Surface Pro tablet, it changes settings on my Windows 10 PC,...

I can't seem to find a way. Help would be appreciated.

Specifically trying to enable dark app mode on the tablet (so the on-screen keyboard isn't blindingly bright) without doing the same on the PC.

submitted by /u/crawlinginmycrayfish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crawlinginmycrayfish, Apr 3, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Would like to change the scroll settings in Windows 10.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on
    how to set your PC like a tablet.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Ravenas Win User

When I change settings on my Surface Pro tablet, it changes settings on my Windows 10 PC,...

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

When I change settings on my Surface Pro tablet, it changes settings on my Windows 10 PC,...

1. When I change settings on my Surface Pro tablet, it changes settings on my Windows 10 PC,... - Similar Threads - change settings Surface

2. How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?: Hello, I've got two questions. Second question is more important for me. 1 When I change my Performance Settings and then log off or reboot my Windows 10 computer, my changes go back to what they were. Why does this happen? 2 What are Group Policy settings that control these...
  3. How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?: Hello, I've got two questions. Second question is more important for me. 1 When I change my Performance Settings and then log off or reboot my Windows 10 computer, my changes go back to what they were. Why does this happen? 2 What are Group Policy settings that control these...
  4. How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?: Hello, I've got two questions. Second question is more important for me. 1 When I change my Performance Settings and then log off or reboot my Windows 10 computer, my changes go back to what they were. Why does this happen? How do I fix it?2 What are Group Policy settings...
  5. Updates changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates changing my settings: Only had my Lenovo laptop for 6 months and every time windows updates I lose all my desktop settings and the first time it did it, there was a temporary user installed. None of the options and pre-installed programs on start work. When I click on them nothing happens except...
  6. My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios: I have converted recently my C: drive from mbr to GPT and boot using UEFI Windows 10 1909. I adjusted the bios settings to use UEFI and the PC boot normally. Today when I opened my PC, a blue screen appear with information that it does not recognise my boot files or somthing...
  7. Changed my System Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed my System Settings: [IMG]So i was changing the location of my videos folder from disk C to D. Then later while trying to change it back to disk C i did something and now my username has been changed with the video file, I think they merged or something. My desktop and app data is in there. Can't...
  8. Stop changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop changing my settings: Dear Microsoft, Please stop changing my settings every time you install an update. It's my computer not yours. Having to go back and change things is a waste of my time. Also, please provide some estimate of how long an update will take so I don't lose hours of my time,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro constantly changing my setting (View).

Windows 10 Pro constantly changing my setting (View).: I have 2 PC's that has same Windows 10 Pro and occasionally or almost every 2 or 3 days of use, my setting from View-Hidden files and folders would change from Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives to Show hidden files, folders, and drives. And I have to physically...
  10. My touchscreen settings changed

My touchscreen settings changed: My touchscreen is not working as it supposed to do. The issue occurred last night and I reckon my cat is guilty because he could press something on the keyboard at night. When I right-click the item, it is only highlighted and works only if I double click. Moreover, my HP...