Windows 10: When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one.

Discus and support When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried many things and they still wont work, I have tried the regedit thing, checked the play windows startup sound and other stuff, ask me and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielWägg, Jul 8, 2021.

1. When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one.

I have tried many things and they still wont work, I have tried the regedit thing, checked the play windows startup sound and other stuff, ask me and i'll give more detail.Thanks in advance!

:)

DanielWägg, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Yonic Win User

When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one.

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

For some odd reason, when I startup Windows 10 and enable "Play Windows Startup sound" via the Sounds window, it plays the Windows Vista/7 startup sound.

I would like to change it, but I have already tried by changing the ExcludeFromCPL value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\WindowsLogon to 1.

However, when changing it on the Sounds window again, and play the start up sound from the list, the sound is completely different to the Windows 7 sound (which is the sound I would like to have).

When I saved the changes and rebooted the PC, it still played the original Win7 sound. Why does this happen?

For the record, I am using the Spanish (Spain) version of Windows 10 Home.

Yonic, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one.

1. When i change the windows 10 startup sound effect it still plays the normal one. - Similar Threads - change startup sound

2. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  3. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  4. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sound changing when playing games windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound changing when playing games windows 10: Almost all the time i play video games the sound suddenly changes, it goes from normal to suddenly coming more from one ear and it also makes it way harder to tell where the sound is coming from, the volume also changes a little bit. I have redownloaded my audio drivers and...
  6. Sound changing when playing games windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound changing when playing games windows 10: Almost all the time i play video games the sound suddenly changes, it goes from normal to suddenly coming more from one ear and it also makes it way harder to tell where the sound is coming from, the volume also changes a little bit. I have redownloaded my audio drivers and...
  7. Sound changing when playing games windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 7 Startup sound plays when booting into Windows 10

Windows 7 Startup sound plays when booting into Windows 10: So I upgraded an older PC of mine that was on Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Pro and everything went smoothly. Everything has been fine and I just now rebooted the pc with my headphones in and I heard the Windows 7 Startup sound.. when it booted into 10? I don't know...
  9. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  10. windows 10 dell laptop plays the sound that normally plays when you change the volume randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 dell laptop plays the sound that normally plays when you change the volume randomly: My laptop seemingly randomly plays the 'adjust volume ding' and i don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dell-laptop-plays-the-sound-that/d383b56b-6f81-4d32-b761-5c24f9398d84