Windows 10: When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

Discus and support When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I am in display settings and I go to "detect" two of my monitors are showing up as one monitor how do I separate this? Also when I say extend to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephanie Strong, May 28, 2023.

1. When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

When I am in display settings and I go to "detect" two of my monitors are showing up as one monitor how do I separate this? Also when I say extend to desktop it just reverts it back to duplicate. How do I get this to prevent from happening it just reverts back to duplicate even though I clearly choose extend!? Thank you.

:)

Stephanie Strong, May 28, 2023

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, May 28, 2023
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate.... 71529d1485964993t-display-langage-reverted-back-unbenannt.png

for convenience I attach the google translation

When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate.... 71530d1485964993t-display-langage-reverted-back-google.png

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, May 28, 2023
  4. When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, May 28, 2023
Thema:

When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

1. When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate.... - Similar Threads - choose extent desktop

2. When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....: When I am in display settings and I go to "detect" two of my monitors are showing up as one monitor how do I separate this? Also when I say extend to desktop it just reverts it back to duplicate. How do I get this to prevent from happening it just reverts back to duplicate...
  3. Extended display setting reverts to duplicate after laptop startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended display setting reverts to duplicate after laptop startup: Hello! I have the following multiple display set-up - laptop + monitor + TV. The monitor is connected to the laptop through USB-C, and the TV is connected through HDMI. The problem is that I need to use them in Extended display mode and I manually set everything and it works....
  4. Extended display setting reverts to duplicate after laptop startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended display setting reverts to duplicate after laptop startup: Hello! I have the following multiple display set-up - laptop + monitor + TV. The monitor is connected to the laptop through USB-C, and the TV is connected through HDMI. The problem is that I need to use them in Extended display mode and I manually set everything and it works....
  5. Extended display setting reverts to duplicate after laptop startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Revert Display Adapter Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert Display Adapter Settings?: Hello All, As I am now working from home the next month or so I connected additional monitors to my work laptop so I'd have more screens. Everything was fine except the one screen was overfilled. When I changed the aspect ratio for this one monitor within the Windows...
  7. My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

in Windows 10 Customization
    My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default: Hello - My personalized settings for background pictures keep reverting back to the Windows 10 defalt, Windows Spotlight. This happens every day, throughout the day. I switch it to slideshow and it will pull up the pictures from my selected folder as expected but then...
  8. Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings always change when i duplicate displays: This problem started occuring since i updated to 1809 version. I always used duplicate displays when watching movies on TV but since this update, when I duplicate tv is on 29hz so everthing on my monitor goes in 29hz also. I looked in advanced display settings and monitor...
  9. Display langage reverted back

in Windows 10 Support
    Display langage reverted back: I bought a laptop Acer in Germany with Windows 10 (german language, of course). I've replaced the german language with the italian language, everything went smoothly and I perfectly used the laptop for some days. Unfortunately since a windows update I've some text in...
  10. Windows 10 font size display settings revert back

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 font size display settings revert back: I know you folks must have heard this one already. When I try to customize my font size display settings (see attached), they revert back to default after a reboot. I did a fresh install of Win 10, and this was the first thing I checked, just to make sure nothing was...