Windows 10: When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

Discus and support When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. I then have to minimise the page I am working on to see the page I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mary Cameron, Jun 7, 2020.

1. When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. I then have to minimise the page I am working on to see the page I have opened, then minimise this page to return to the original page. This is very frustrating. I am using Windows 10 home version 1909.

This problem started about two months ago.

:)

Mary Cameron, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Nikilet Win User

Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up frequently. Another that will open frequently is the second screenshot, but there's no rhyme or reason. I might click on a link on an item I'm looking at on Amazon to see something similar and that page will open, but an additional page opens.

Just now when I clicked on "Manage Attachments" that box opened, but look what opened on top of it (see screenshot 3).

This has been happening on any site I might be on, and on both my laptop and my desktop. I have the same browser, add ons, etc., on both computers.

Nikilet, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Nikilet Win User
    Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

I've had no reply to this. It's still happening, and in the past two days I've had one of those pages open that warn you that your computer has been locked up, etc. I've kept my cool, opened task manager and shut Google down that way, but I'm more than concerned.

What I was doing both times this happened is clicking a link to go to a product page on amazon.com. The product page opened, but this warning pop up with all the bells and whistles also opened.

Can anyone help me with this?

Nikilet, Jun 7, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

Back to top of page link?

Would it be possible to have a link at the bottom of the pages which takes you back to the top,instead of scrolling up again?

tigger, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

1. When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. - Similar Threads - click link page

2. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  3. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  4. I get the white page when trying to read the MSN articles by clicking on the links on my...

I get the white page when trying to read the MSN articles by clicking on the links on my...: I get the white page when trying to read the MSN articles by clicking on the links on my computer screen; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-the-white-page-when-trying-to-read-the-msn/cee2508f-4805-4e66-a131-877d368e2146
  5. I get the white page when trying to read the MSN articles by clicking on the links on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get the white page when trying to read the MSN articles by clicking on the links on my...: I get the white page when trying to read the MSN articles by clicking on the links on my computer screen; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-the-white-page-when-trying-to-read-the-msn/cee2508f-4805-4e66-a131-877d368e2146
  6. page keeps dimming when I click on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    page keeps dimming when I click on it: page keeps dimming when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-keeps-dimming-when-i-click-on-it/0e452efd-d894-4129-98df-66246294c6c3
  7. page keeps dimming when I click on it

page keeps dimming when I click on it: page keeps dimming when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-keeps-dimming-when-i-click-on-it/0e452efd-d894-4129-98df-66246294c6c3
  8. page keeps dimming when I click on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Clicking the links for installed windows updates doesn't open web page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clicking the links for installed windows updates doesn't open web page: Clicking the hyperlinks for installed windows updates does not show the relevant web page associated with them. A website should appear in my web browser when I click the name of an installed windows update giving more information about it. Why doesn't it? How can I fix it?...
  10. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

in Browsers and Email
    Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object: For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up frequently. Another that will open frequently is the second screenshot, but there's no rhyme or reason. I might click on a...