Windows 10: when i click mouse once it clicks twice

Discus and support when i click mouse once it clicks twice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i click mouse once it clicks very fast to two clicks messing up my ability to navigate using my mouse.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlbertBevolo, Jun 13, 2020.

1. when i click mouse once it clicks twice

when i click mouse once it clicks very fast to two clicks messing up my ability to navigate using my mouse.

:)

AlbertBevolo, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 Mouse clicks twice sometimes

Hi,

Did you try the steps provided in the previous posts?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: Use the hardware and System Maintenance
    troubleshooter.

Step 1:

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Connect the devices to the computer.
    • Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    • Click Hardware and devices, new window will popup.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    • Click System Maintenance , new window will popup.
    Method 2: Update mouse adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the touch drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your mouse devices/driver.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the mouse drivers from the manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

If you still face the same issue, you can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 13, 2020
  4. when i click mouse once it clicks twice

Click Twice to open links, hit buttons, close tabs

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing single click option after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if this issue confined only with the accessing website on browsers (Which browser)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

This problem may occur for the following reasons:

• You are inadvertently double-clicking instead of single-clicking.
    • The mouse settings have been modified, either manually or by another program, to send a multiple-click command when you perform a single physical click.
    • The mouse drivers are corrupted.
    • The mouse hardware is defective.

Step 1: I suggest you to restore the mouse buttons to default and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Click Start, point to Settings, and then click
      Control Panel.
    • Double-click Mouse.
    • On the Buttons tab, click Restore Defaults. If the problem impacts only a specific program, click the
      Settings button, choose that program, and then click Restore Defaults.

Note: If Restore Defaults is not available, all your button assignments are already set to default mode.
    • Click OK.

If you are using external mouse, try the below.

Step 2: Test the mouse on another computer or test a different mouse on the computer To determine whether the mouse or the computer is defective, follow these steps:

• Test the mouse in question on a system that you know is working. If the problem appears to follow the mouse, you may have to return or replace the mouse.
    • Test a mouse that you know is working on the computer in question. If the problem appears to remain on the computer, then the problem is most likely software-related.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

when i click mouse once it clicks twice

1. when i click mouse once it clicks twice - Similar Threads - click mouse once

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. Mouse double or triple click when I single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double or triple click when I single click: Good day the problem I have is that almost every time I click my mouse double click and sometimes even triple click. I can see it double and tripe clicks since when I open a new tab in Google Chrome I sometimes get own two or more tabs open from just one click. It has started...
  5. Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click: 75% approximately of the time, when I click the left mouse button once it is counted as two separate clicks, but not as a double click. Ex. when I try to pause a song or video, it pauses and unpauses again. This does not happen when I right click. I have tried plugging the...
  6. Mouse clicks twice

Mouse clicks twice: This is an intermittent problem with my mouse. I click once, but the mouse clicks twice. I have: set the Double-click speed to the lowest and still have the same problem; checked to see if the driver is up to date and it is; and changed the mouse three times and still...
  7. Mouse Double Clicks When I want Single Click

Mouse Double Clicks When I want Single Click: I bought a new keyboard/mouse combo several months back - a Logitech K520 keyboard with M510 mouse. They're wireless, and work on the same Logitech unifying receiver that is plugged into a USB port on the computer. The software for it is updated and current. I also tried to...
  8. Recent windows updates causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows updates causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.: With the most recent update that rolled out, my computer has been experiencing a serious issue of the mouse double-clicking on its own or even clicking once. When you try to drag a window it will either double click to open it big or it will go small or even multiple. At...
  9. Recent windows update causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows update causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.: With the most recent update that rolled out, my computer has been experiencing a serious issue of the mouse double-clicking on its own or even clicking once. When you try to drag a window it will either double click to open it big or it will go small or even multiple. At...
  10. mouse click twice

mouse click twice: why do i have to click everything twice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-click-twice/4eb8d09c-60d9-45f0-bcdb-aaa51309aec7