Windows 10: When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

Discus and support When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My recycle bin is empty. I checked and the option to not send files to the recycle bin but immediately remove them is not selected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FullCollCP, Jun 9, 2023.

1. When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

My recycle bin is empty. I checked and the option to not send files to the recycle bin but immediately remove them is not selected.

:)

FullCollCP, Jun 9, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Jun 9, 2023
  3. App for deleting files while being used by another process...

I finally got rid of these 2 files, I ended up going into the command prompt in XP and typing in the command to delete it, just as it prompted are u sure i ended task on explorer and then accepted the delete, the files that were stuck on my desktop finally went away but thanks for your help!

Venomelite, Jun 9, 2023
  4. When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

How to delete system file

It is generally not recommended to delete system files, including .sys files, as they are essential for the functioning of your operating system. However, if you are sure that the .sys file is not necessary for your system and you want to delete it, you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Start button and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
    2. In the Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell window, type the following command and press Enter:
    Replace "C:\Path\to\file.sys" with the actual file path and name of the .sys file you want to delete.

1. If you get an "Access is denied" error, try running the Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell icon and select "Run as administrator".
    2. Once the file has been deleted, you can close the Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell window.
    It's worth noting that deleting system files can potentially cause problems with your system, so it's important to be absolutely sure that the file is safe to delete before proceeding.

Anwar Ihsan, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

1. When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to... - Similar Threads - click file click

2. When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...: My recycle bin is empty. I checked and the option to not send files to the recycle bin but immediately remove them is not selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-file-and-click-delete-it-always/701b7451-436b-4eac-a199-6c49b92054dc
  3. When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...: My recycle bin is empty. I checked and the option to not send files to the recycle bin but immediately remove them is not selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-file-and-click-delete-it-always/701b7451-436b-4eac-a199-6c49b92054dc
  4. I want to make dummy files of a file or a folder with right click option

I want to make dummy files of a file or a folder with right click option: Hi, i wanted to make dummy files of some files or folders which somebody already helped me for and i was amaged with how Keith did it in this...
  5. I want to make dummy files of a file or a folder with right click option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make dummy files of a file or a folder with right click option: Hi, i wanted to make dummy files of some files or folders which somebody already helped me for and i was amaged with how Keith did it in this...
  6. I want to make dummy files of a file or a folder with right click option

7. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  8. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  9. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

10. Mouse Double Clicks When I want Single Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Double Clicks When I want Single Click: I bought a new keyboard/mouse combo several months back - a Logitech K520 keyboard with M510 mouse. They're wireless, and work on the same Logitech unifying receiver that is plugged into a USB port on the computer. The software for it is updated and current. I also tried to...