Windows 10: When I click on a game to play from the Windows store, it takes me to the Gaming Services...

Discus and support When I click on a game to play from the Windows store, it takes me to the Gaming Services... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got the Xbox ultimate pass and have been playing the game Vampyr for a couple of days. All of a sudden, when I try to launch the game, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MadHadlow, Jul 11, 2019.

1. MadHadlow Win User

When I click on a game to play from the Windows store, it takes me to the Gaming Services...

I recently got the Xbox ultimate pass and have been playing the game Vampyr for a couple of days. All of a sudden, when I try to launch the game, it will redirect me to an app page on the Windows store called 'Gaming Services'. The game will not launch and that is where it always ends up. If I type in the game on the start bar, the app comes up but the image for it is missing. Clicking it from the start bar takes me to this 'Gaming Services' App page. Anyone know what's up?

:)

MadHadlow, Jul 11, 2019

2. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 11, 2019
  4. When I click on a game to play from the Windows store, it takes me to the Gaming Services...

windows store games

Hi,

If you encounter issues launching a game on Windows 10, it may be due to a corrupted game data, an outdated game version, or software conflicts. Let's isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when launching the game?
    • Have you tried playing other games to check if the same issue occurs?
    • Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Are you trying to play the game online or offline?

Meanwhile, here are the troubleshooting solutions that you may perform to resolve this issue:

Solution 1: Run apps troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games downloaded from the Windows Store. Click this

link
    to proceed.

Solution 2: Check for updates

Keeping the game and the Windows 10 PC up-to-date can help resolve common issues with Windows 10 games. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Catherine Cus., Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

When I click on a game to play from the Windows store, it takes me to the Gaming Services...

1. When I click on a game to play from the Windows store, it takes me to the Gaming Services... - Similar Threads - click game play

2. Starting up a game instead takes me to microsoft store for 'Gaming services.'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting up a game instead takes me to microsoft store for 'Gaming services.': I’m running on Windows 10 pro. My main issue is I cannot load a game up. Other games e.g. Minecraft currently work except a specific one Warhammer Darktide. Instead, I am taken to a Microsoft store page for Gaming Services. I cannot download or update it from this page. I...
  3. Starting up a game instead takes me to microsoft store for 'Gaming services.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting up a game instead takes me to microsoft store for 'Gaming services.': I’m running on Windows 10 pro. My main issue is I cannot load a game up. Other games e.g. Minecraft currently work except a specific one Warhammer Darktide. Instead, I am taken to a Microsoft store page for Gaming Services. I cannot download or update it from this page. I...
  4. Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store: I tried xbox support and was told to go strait to microsoft. When I got to launch any game pass game it opens gaming services in the store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-games-open-gaming-services-in-store/468b2cfb-2161-4014-b072-17e3d72a59a5
  5. Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store

Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store: I tried xbox support and was told to go strait to microsoft. When I got to launch any game pass game it opens gaming services in the store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-games-open-gaming-services-in-store/468b2cfb-2161-4014-b072-17e3d72a59a5
  6. launching games from game pass takes me to microsoft gaming servies in the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    launching games from game pass takes me to microsoft gaming servies in the microsoft store: ive tried uninstalling gaming services using powershell and "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices remove-AppxPackage -allusers" but in powershell it says there is no path found. i also cant download any new gamepass games and always get an error code 0x800700aa....
  7. launching games from game pass takes me to microsoft gaming servies in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    launching games from game pass takes me to microsoft gaming servies in the microsoft store: ive tried uninstalling gaming services using powershell and "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices remove-AppxPackage -allusers" but in powershell it says there is no path found. i also cant download any new gamepass games and always get an error code 0x800700aa....
  8. launching games from game pass takes me to microsoft gaming servies in the microsoft store

9. When I click install in microsoft store, to install game from game pass, I can't install it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I click install in microsoft store, to install game from game pass, I can't install it.: When I click install in microsoft store, to install game from game pass, I can't install it.Game I want to install is Solasta: Crown of the MagisterUpcoming with usually additional asks:- Yes, I've checked all freaking FAQ about it, there is no case covering that thing.- I...
  10. When I click install in microsoft store, to install game from game pass, I can't install it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click install in microsoft store, to install game from game pass, I can't install it.: When I click install in microsoft store, to install game from game pass, I can't install it.Game I want to install is Solasta: Crown of the MagisterUpcoming with usually additional asks:- Yes, I've checked all freaking FAQ about it, there is no case covering that thing.- I...