Windows 10: when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

Discus and support when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I click on a jpg. file icon on my win 10 desktop it opens and won't slide to another position on the desktop. Why ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyEsquire, Feb 14, 2020.

1. when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

When I click on a jpg. file icon on my win 10 desktop it opens and won't slide to another position on the desktop. Why ?

:)

DannyEsquire, Feb 14, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 14, 2020
  3. opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 14, 2020
  4. when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

1. when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ? - Similar Threads - click jpg icon

2. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  3. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  4. Desktop icons getting moved to trashcan when clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons getting moved to trashcan when clicked: I don't understand why, but sometimes when I click an icon it gets moved to the trashcan and won't open again until I restart my pc it also tells me the file has been moved from desktop, please locate the file and try again. I don't know why or how but yeah, help?...
  5. Desktop icons getting moved to trashcan when clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons getting moved to trashcan when clicked: I don't understand why, but sometimes when I click an icon it gets moved to the trashcan and won't open again until I restart my pc it also tells me the file has been moved from desktop, please locate the file and try again. I don't know why or how but yeah, help?...
  6. Desktop icons getting moved to trashcan when clicked

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. when I double click any desktop icon it opens the recycle bin instead

when I double click any desktop icon it opens the recycle bin instead: When I double click any icon on my desktop, it opens the recycle bin instead. When I right click any icon I get the recycle bin drop down. I can open folders and files via the taskbar and start menu but not the desktop. Then suddenly, things might go back to normal. Not sure...
  8. My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons: So when I download a new app, or move an existing icon on one device(desktop), it does the same thing on the other device(laptop). It’s getting kind of annoying and I want the 2 devices to keep their own apps independently, so does anyone know how to help? Much appreciated....
  9. will not open up when I click icon

will not open up when I click icon: HP support assist will not stay open when i click on icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-open-up-when-i-click-icon/c385bde1-3838-4017-b238-7d48b71edfde
  10. How do I display jpg photos on the desktop instead of icons.

How do I display jpg photos on the desktop instead of icons.: How do I display JPG photos on the desktop instead of icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-display-jpg-photos-on-the-desktop-instead/9c7d189b-a798-4d93-92c5-38a67402a2f0