Windows 10: when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

Discus and support when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I click on a jpg. file icon on my win 10 desktop it opens and won't slide to another position on the desktop. Why ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyEsquire, Feb 14, 2020.

1. when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

When I click on a jpg. file icon on my win 10 desktop it opens and won't slide to another position on the desktop. Why ?

:)

DannyEsquire, Feb 14, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 14, 2020
  3. opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 14, 2020
  4. when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ?

1. when I click on a jpg icon on my desktop to move it slide it opens instead. Why ? - Similar Threads - click jpg icon

2. Moving icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  3. Why: when I open my iPhone, my desktop folders will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why: when I open my iPhone, my desktop folders will not open: Does anyone know a fix this this problem? When I plug in my iPhone to my Windows 10 desktop, it opens the right file, but that file will not open. I close it (close the program), and open it with This PC which recognizes the iphone. Then i copy images to a Desktop folder,...
  4. Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons: When my Desktop came up upon booting, when I clicked on Icons, I was getting a message stating 'token cannot be accessed', instead of activating the icon. I believe there was an update being installed. After powering off the machine, and back on, everyting seems fine. Any...
  5. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...
  6. Dragging icons opens the files instead of moving them

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging icons opens the files instead of moving them: If the solution above does not fix your problem ... Perhaps your mouse button has become hyper-sensitive. You press and hold the left-button to drag. But the button/switch might be defective. It might double-click without you knowing it! A new mouse might solve the problem.
  7. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...
  8. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...
  9. Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons: Win 10 Pro x64 1607, Classic Start desktop, setting=single-click open, system drive is fast SSD As detailed in another thread, I've had problems going from 1511 to 1607, but have settled in with the latter for the past week. To try to sort a couple of problems, I ran a...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...