Windows 10: When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open

Discus and support When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when tying to open an app, I click the icon on the home page. However, the icon locks on the toolbar and I cannot open the app up. Other apps work OK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stanley idoc, Jan 12, 2020.

1. When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open

when tying to open an app, I click the icon on the home page. However, the icon locks on the toolbar and I cannot open the app up. Other apps work OK How to correct?

:)

Stanley idoc, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Hi,

In the Quick Launch toolbar, you can add or remove shortcuts so that you have easy access to items you frequently use from the Quick Launch Toolbar. To move the Quick Launch toolbar to the left side of the task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Unlock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Click and hold on the dotted separator line at the left of the Quick Launch toolbar and drag it to the left.
    • When you are finished, lock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and check
      Lock all taskbars.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 12, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open

1. When I click on an app, it is locked to the toolbar, and cannot open - Similar Threads - click app locked

2. Apps or games are not opening when being clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps or games are not opening when being clicked: I have just built my brand new PC and all was running perfect. All drivers up to date, all updates done. I then started to download some games and launchers such as epic games, valorant, steam and spotify. However, when i went to click on the apps to open them, they don’t...
  3. Apps or games are not opening when being clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps or games are not opening when being clicked: I have just built my brand new PC and all was running perfect. All drivers up to date, all updates done. I then started to download some games and launchers such as epic games, valorant, steam and spotify. However, when i went to click on the apps to open them, they don’t...
  4. This isnt opening when I click it

This isnt opening when I click it: Really do not know what to do, whenever I click it, it shows the little white flash like its going to open, and then it just doesn't. Its the little section of the taskbar with the internet, sound, and battery icons....
  5. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  6. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  7. When I open a window I cannot write in it without clicking in the textfield.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open a window I cannot write in it without clicking in the textfield.: Hi, I have an issue which is annoying me for a while a lot! When I open a new window for example a remote access window I cannot write in this window without clicking first in the text field with the mouse. A time ago maybe before half a year it was possible. Suddenly I...
  8. i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...

i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...: on my pc the default app of photos is not working It isn't opening when I click on any picture it doesn't open and there is text appeared in which the app didn't start is written please help me how to solve this problem....
  9. PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder

in Windows 10 Support
    PC froze when clicking on toolbar folder: I have multiple W10 new systems, and when i clicked on a toolbar folder such as "desktop", the entire pc, keyboard, mouse froze for 1-2 secs. Has anybody encounter this? 130479
  10. Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open: Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem since I updated to Windows 10. When Google Chrome is open and when thats the app I'm using, I can't click other open apps from my taskbar. Like for example if I have Word open as well, I can't switch to Word just by clicking on to...