Windows 10: When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!

Discus and support When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So when I click here it's disappearing every time. I tried restarting my pc and it's still not working! Please help! Here is a link that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Qu3st_xD, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Qu3st_xD Win User

When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!

Qu3st_xD, Sep 6, 2019

2. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer hear anything through my headset

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the working of Microphone on your Windows 10 computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the Microphone?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?
    3. Have you tried the connecting the same Microphone on different computer?
    4. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

You may refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    for the information.

Try the below suggested steps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Turn on the Microphone in Windows 10 settings

1. Press Windows + I key to open the settings.
    2. Click on Privacy option.
    3. Click on Microphone option which is present at the left side of the screen.
    4. Check Microphone access for this device is on
      ON state.
    5. If no, click on Change
      option and toggle the option to ON state and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

Troubleshoot sound problems

1. Right click on the Volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Click on Troubleshoot sound problems and follow the onscreen prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3

Refer the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time! - Similar Threads - click microphone sound

2. My Network and internet panel in the settings crashes every time I click it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Network and internet panel in the settings crashes every time I click it: For some reason whenever I click on my Network and Internet panel on settings it crashes, I believe its effecting me update to windows 11 and effecting downloading microsoft apps. I've reset my pc and still to no avail it crashes on that panel...
  3. Every time i press WIN+P or click the project settings manually it disappears instantly and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i press WIN+P or click the project settings manually it disappears instantly and...: I have a problem with my "Project" settings the one where you press WIN + P.so every time I press the Win + P or go to the project settings manually and click on it, it appears for a second but then it disappears.even for that split second when i try to press the "PC only",...
  4. Every time i press WIN+P or click the project settings manually it disappears instantly and...

Every time i press WIN+P or click the project settings manually it disappears instantly and...: I have a problem with my "Project" settings the one where you press WIN + P.so every time I press the Win + P or go to the project settings manually and click on it, it appears for a second but then it disappears.even for that split second when i try to press the "PC only",...
  5. The microphone and sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone and sound disappeared: Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microphone-and-sound-disappeared/75d6855a-6023-4184-9b71-4488b317b72e
  6. The microphone and sound disappeared

The microphone and sound disappeared: Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microphone-and-sound-disappeared/75d6855a-6023-4184-9b71-4488b317b72e
  7. The microphone and sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My cursor is disappear every time

My cursor is disappear every time: When Im playing games or do everything,my cursor is disappear and come again when Im moving my mouse,I trying to troubleshooting they say need to restart,when im restart my computer,It not solve yet,im using window 10 acer,please help me...
  9. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...: I've been trying to get my external microphone to work on windows for a while now but the only thing I've really found is to set my microphone to default in the sound settings, but every time I do that I can no longer hear anything through my headset. The main reason I want...
  10. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...: I've been trying to get my external microphone to work on windows for a while now but the only thing I've really found is to set my microphone to default in the sound settings, but every time I do that I can no longer hear anything through my headset. The main reason I want...