Windows 10: when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs

Discus and support when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.. Just a week back i had formatted my dell laptop but i was facing this problem as whenever i clicked on network & internet in settings it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seonmartin, Aug 16, 2019.

1. when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs

Hello..

Just a week back i had formatted my dell laptop but i was facing this problem as whenever i clicked on network & internet in settings it just hangs...i tried troubleshooting but there were no problems.....my wireless icon on taskbar has changed to the computer icon even though I'm using my wifi...I tried updating windows but it doesn't seem to even though updates are available....i tried troubleshooting that too but it just loads and doesn't do anything......

Please tell me what do i do!!!

:)

seonmartin, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Rik,

We value your time and so we want to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps that were already performed. Kindly share with us the troubleshooting steps that you have done from your end.

In the mean time, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems. Refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Change your network settings, click on Network troubleshooter.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Aug 16, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs

1. when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs - Similar Threads - click network internet

2. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: For whatever reason the network settings app says that I am not connected to the internet, however I can use the internet just fine on my computer with programs such as google chrome and steam. I tried running the network troubleshooter but it says that nothing is wrong....
  3. Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet

Ethernet settings, Unidentified network, no Internet: Changed some network names and SSID settings to a router. Had 4 PC's downstairs coming off of a switch box. Each fed into an ethernet adaptor. Worked fine. Now the ethernet setting shows Unidentified Network, and speeds are like wifi speeds. Not obvious whats up....
  4. when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed: setting display is blank except for options on left hand of screen but am unable to click on any of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-settings-nothing-comes-up-cant/13794c95-915b-468a-a7e9-e301b1150702
  5. No Wi Fi in network & internet settings

No Wi Fi in network & internet settings: My Wi Fi icon is not in my Win10 I don't recall it ever being there. I upgraded from Win8. Can I download a Realtek driver to support this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wi-fi-in-network-internet-settings/9efbb332-f55d-4888-a058-ecf83703f794
  6. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a
  7. Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot

Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot: I noticed an entry in the Mobile Hotspot section in Settings. There is an entry in Mobile Hotspot section that has me perplexed. Under "Share My Internet Connection From" there are two entries that are filled in: Network Name: Network Password: Both of these have been...
  8. Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...: But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you. In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use...
  9. Windows 10 hangs when clicking on "This PC" in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs when clicking on "This PC" in Windows Explorer: aka "Working on it" bug. Starting a separate thread about what I believe to be a bug or serious compatibility issue. Lots of people on the net are having it, but there is no solution as yet. Screenshot below. Step to reproduce: On a PC with multiple drives attached,...
  10. Win 10 hangs when right clicking

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 hangs when right clicking: I have bought a new Lenovo H30 desktop Pc with Win 10 on it. Finding it the worst OS that I have ever used. (Normally a Linux user). XP is easier. I've used many file managers in the past and this one is the least intuitive and hard to use. When I right click on a file or...