Windows 10: When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

Discus and support When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I guess the last cumulative Windows 10 update broke the Settings app. I just debloated my system without breaking things. Last time I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThePurpleMario, Aug 16, 2020.

1. When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

So, I guess the last cumulative Windows 10 update broke the Settings app. I just debloated my system without breaking things.

Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 from 1903, and I've never had the problem with 1903. Last cumulative update probably broke the System tab in Settings and made the Settings app crash.

My system is not slow after the update, but I need access to the system tab in settings.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you :

:)

ThePurpleMario, Aug 16, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 16, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 16, 2020
  4. ben201 Win User

When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

1. When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes. - Similar Threads - click System Settings

2. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  3. Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System": I just reset my PC and for some reason this error has occurred, didn't happen before reset. I am in the latest version of windows 10 22H2. I've made sure everything is up to date after resetting, drivers, windows etc.Basically when I open the settings app everything else in...
  4. Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System": I just reset my PC and for some reason this error has occurred, didn't happen before reset. I am in the latest version of windows 10 22H2. I've made sure everything is up to date after resetting, drivers, windows etc.Basically when I open the settings app everything else in...
  5. Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System"

6. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  7. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  8. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

9. when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...: i tried to restart the pc and it didn't work what can I do to fix it? edit : it only happens on display setting but system settings automatically brings you there submitted by /u/maznivhooshim [link] [comments]...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...