Windows 10: when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

Discus and support when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I click on the speaker I can't get a slide bar, can't lower the volume... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BonnieMraz, Oct 30, 2018.

1. when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

When I click on the speaker I can't get a slide bar, can't lower the volume

:)

BonnieMraz, Oct 30, 2018

2. when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

When I click on the speaker I can't get a slide bar, can't lower the volume

BonnieMraz, Oct 31, 2018
  3. DeriLoko3 Win User
    Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker

I was changing the sound settings to make the Stereo Mix volume higher, including when I record something, but no luck.

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar [​IMG]

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar [​IMG]

DeriLoko3, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What happens when you right click on Speaker and select sound?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest to try with the steps mentioned below.

Method 1:

Update the audio drivers in device manager.

To update drivers in Windows 10, please refer to the steps mentioned in the link:
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, uninstall the audio drivers, download and install the latest ones from system manufacturer’s support site.

• To uninstall audio drivers, please follow the steps mentioned as under.
    • Press ‘Windows + X’ keys together and choose ‘Device Manager’.
    • Expand ‘Audio, inputs and outputs’.
    • Right click on the audio device and select ‘uninstall’.
    • Check the checkbox asking if you want to delete the driver from the computer.
    • Reboot the computer, download and install the latest audio drivers from system manufacturer’s support site.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator.

Peer_Sam, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar - Similar Threads - click speaker nothing

2. When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot...: When I get a dropdown list to insert a character, I click on the character but it does not appear in the box provided https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-get-a-drpdown-list-to-insert-a-character-i/d826d99c-b9c9-4ad4-a5df-969bb2060d0e
  3. Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower: This problem is a bit hard to explain, but it's extremely annoying. Whenever I play audio via my Bluetooth headphones, it blasts out at 100% volume. There's a setting called something along the lines of 'Audio preferences in Devices', which allows me to set the volume for...
  4. when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed: setting display is blank except for options on left hand of screen but am unable to click on any of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-settings-nothing-comes-up-cant/13794c95-915b-468a-a7e9-e301b1150702
  5. Notifications Do Nothing When I Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Do Nothing When I Click: When I open the Notification area and click on a notification (e.g. a new email), nothing happens: it simply disappears! I have an Asus N550JV with Windows 10 Home (1809)...
  6. VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked: When I click on the volume and network buttons in the bottom right of the task bar nothing opens up. Sometimes a brief loading circle appears but neither pop up with a menu. I disabled fast boot but that did not fix the problem. Not sure what else to try, thanks. 117995
  7. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...
  8. Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps: Tried both Edge and Chrome browsers as default. Hyperlinks work properly from progs, as they should, but nothing happens when I try to click on links from Apps. Seems like the new start menu has some hyperlinks and nothing happens when I click them: [img] Red boxes...
  9. I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I click upgrade, but nothing happens?: I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for updates. None are found. No updates are hidden. I have read and seem to have all necessary updated already installed. Why would...
  10. I can't click on any applications on the menu bar

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on any applications on the menu bar: I need help I can't access the menu or anything. I can't click and if I hover my mouse over the menu bar a spinning circle comes up! Help me 64689

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i click on the speaker in the bottom right nothing happens

2. speaker slide bar not showing

3. cant click on speaker

4. right click speaker nothing happens