Windows 10: when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

Discus and support when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I click on the speaker I can't get a slide bar, can't lower the volume... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BonnieMraz, Oct 30, 2018.

1. when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

When I click on the speaker I can't get a slide bar, can't lower the volume

:)

BonnieMraz, Oct 30, 2018

2. when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

When I click on the speaker I can't get a slide bar, can't lower the volume

BonnieMraz, Oct 31, 2018
  3. DeriLoko3 Win User
    Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker

I was changing the sound settings to make the Stereo Mix volume higher, including when I record something, but no luck.

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar [​IMG]

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar [​IMG]

DeriLoko3, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What happens when you right click on Speaker and select sound?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest to try with the steps mentioned below.

Method 1:

Update the audio drivers in device manager.

To update drivers in Windows 10, please refer to the steps mentioned in the link:
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, uninstall the audio drivers, download and install the latest ones from system manufacturer’s support site.

• To uninstall audio drivers, please follow the steps mentioned as under.
    • Press ‘Windows + X’ keys together and choose ‘Device Manager’.
    • Expand ‘Audio, inputs and outputs’.
    • Right click on the audio device and select ‘uninstall’.
    • Check the checkbox asking if you want to delete the driver from the computer.
    • Reboot the computer, download and install the latest audio drivers from system manufacturer’s support site.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator.

Peer_Sam, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. when i click on the speaker i get nothing, i can't lower the volume, does not show slide bar - Similar Threads - click speaker nothing

2. I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the...: I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the local C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-unallocated-space-but-the-extend-volume/dbd0e869-0608-485a-b451-66202bceedd9
  3. I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the...: I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the local C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-unallocated-space-but-the-extend-volume/dbd0e869-0608-485a-b451-66202bceedd9
  4. I have a unallocated space but the extend volume does not show when I right click on the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The volume bar is not showing the volume of the device I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The volume bar is not showing the volume of the device I want: I'm using Voicemeter with my headphone and since we have the new volume bar, it shows the volume of the Voicemeter when I'm changing the volume on my headphone. Now I can't tell the volume of my headphone, only if I change it to my default device which I don't want to do.Is...
  6. Speaker volume randomly lowering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume randomly lowering: I have an MSI GE66 Raider laptop with Windows 10 Home, Realtek HD Audio and Nahimic. I purchased it in December and have experienced a strange problem ever since.While using virtually any program with audio Youtube in MS Edge, any game, etc., the speaker volume will...
  7. Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon

in Cortana
    Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon: Nothing except cortana popping up for a second in task manager and closing againI have tried:Another user accountrestartingupdatingPasting a long command in the Powershell Dont remember the commandDoing the one system scan thingy in CMD everything fineI am a bit new to...
  8. PC: When I click on icon on bottom bar, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC: When I click on icon on bottom bar, nothing happens: First of all, what is the correct name for the bar on bottom of screen that has icons? When I left click on icon on bottom bar, nothing happens. If I reboot, that fixes the problem for a day or so, then the problem comes back. Is there a way I can fix this other than by...
  9. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing: when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-test-speakers-they-test-as-working-but-mic/cd14840c-fde7-434b-b6f5-13142b238e17
  10. Store do nothing when I click "Get" button

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store do nothing when I click "Get" button: When I click the "Get" button on the app details page, it does nothing, no refresh, no response. It doesn't work on any app I don't own. But I can download and install any apps in my library normally. I can only download new apps by clicking "add to cart" and go to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i click on the speaker in the bottom right nothing happens

2. speaker slide bar not showing

3. cant click on speaker

4. right click speaker nothing happens