Windows 10: When I click something, it takes too long to operate and sometimes it crashes

Discus and support When I click something, it takes too long to operate and sometimes it crashes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey I don't know what's happening but ever since my ENOD anti-virus had expired my laptop keeps lagging like when I searched something it hangs for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaamDiana, Jun 12, 2020.

1. MaamDiana Win User

When I click something, it takes too long to operate and sometimes it crashes

Hey I don't know what's happening but ever since my ENOD anti-virus had expired my laptop keeps lagging like when I searched something it hangs for some seconds before it actually operates. Is this really because of my anti-virus, I could not afford to buy a new anti-virus now because of the lockdown, should I just disable it or is it possible that the anti-virus isn't the problem?​

:)

MaamDiana, Jun 12, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 12, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 12, 2020
  4. When I click something, it takes too long to operate and sometimes it crashes

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

When I click something, it takes too long to operate and sometimes it crashes

1. When I click something, it takes too long to operate and sometimes it crashes - Similar Threads - click something takes

2. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  3. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  4. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  5. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  6. Update taking too long

Update taking too long: My device claimed it needed an update and asked me to clear multipled GB to install it, then it asked me to restart to finish installing, I started the restart over an hour ago and it hasn't even reached 1%...
  7. When i click on a shortcut on desktop cursor takes too long

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i click on a shortcut on desktop cursor takes too long: When i click on anything on my desktop it takes too long to load folders or shortcuts and left or right click are the same . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-shortcut-on-desktop-cursor-takes/e5c6b3f1-8961-42b2-b2f3-6c58b8d59922
  8. Startup is taking too long

Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...
  9. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??...
  10. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54