Windows 10: When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't...

Discus and support When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't... in Cortana to solve the problem; I try to type in the search icon but it only lets me type for a second and then goes away so can anyone help me?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Johnny LongHoang, Jul 14, 2020.

1. When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't...

I try to type in the search icon but it only lets me type for a second and then goes away so can anyone help me?

:)

Johnny LongHoang, Jul 14, 2020
  2. bwcarr Win User

Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

I have the same issue. it occurred after an update to win10 1907.

Search no longer works. clicking in the search box causes it to disappear. I disabled cortana, but that had no effect.

bwcarr, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Matt - K Win User
    Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

This just started happening for me.

It happens mostly if I type before cortana pops up. Sometimes it happens even if I wait. Reboot doesn't help.

It's also strange if I delete what I'm typing the popup menu disappears.

It gets even weird. Let's say I click "Type here to search", then I click the gear settings icon. The windows settings pops up and if I start to type anything it dismisses on the second or third key press every single time.

I can still click through all the menus fine.

Matt - K, Jul 14, 2020
  4. When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't...

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't...

1. When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't... - Similar Threads - click search icon

2. Search bar disappears when clicked after 5 seconds

in Cortana
    Search bar disappears when clicked after 5 seconds: I can type but it won't bring up results. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-disappears-when-clicked-after-5-seconds/9129e9e5-8679-4e9b-94c2-debd51383a79
  3. Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing doesn't work when mouse is clicked: Hello, I recently noticed a problem when playing games, that when I click mouse and press a key on keyboard it doesn't work. Also, if you press a key quickly after mouse click it doesn't work as well. What is more weird is that this behaviour varies by application. 1....
  4. Notifications Disappear When Icon Clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications Disappear When Icon Clicked: The Task Bar icon for Notifications will show that there is at least one notification, but I have no idea what that might be about, for now when I click on the icon, any new notifications are cleared with no further action needed by me. This started a day or two ago, and I...
  5. Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type: Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-disappears-when-i-go-to-type/33e587a4-f622-4f49-8b06-e9aeccb77f1f
  6. Mouse pointer doesn't disappear when typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer doesn't disappear when typing: I've setup my mouse cursor preferences with "Hide pointer while typing" being checked. But the mouse pointer doesn't disappear. I even rebooted after selecting this preference. Is there some other setting that I'm missing? I have my pointer set to being black (instead of...
  7. "Type here to search" sometimes greys out when I click it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Type here to search" sometimes greys out when I click it.: https://i.imgur.com/8dDXswv.png I'm not sure what this bug is, but sometimes when I click the search bar, maybe 1 in every 10 times it'll grey out like in the picture. Clicking the windows icon or clicking the windows key fixes it, and it never happens when I click the...
  8. Can I change settings so when I click on an icon in the Task bar I go directly there rather...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change settings so when I click on an icon in the Task bar I go directly there rather...: I've got a wide screen the task bar of which could show icons of everything I've opened separately allowing me to click on the task bar image I want to open rather than hide all the related opened items behind the icon of the opened program. I want to only click once rather...
  9. Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home. I search for programs like control panel or cmd in the bottom left corner and they appear, but when I right click on them to do things such as "add to task bar" or "run as administrator", the box disappears super fast. I've tried resetting my PC, but...
  10. When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared: Hi, When I click on the windows icon, suddenly a link has disappeared. The name of the link is Gamehouse. It should show in the list, then show a list of games when I click on it. I can still play the games from 'This PC' but it's fiddly...