Windows 10: When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize...

Discus and support When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The message is in the attached picture - lower right hand corner. This has happened twice with different external harddisks (a WD Elements SE, and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkiferliaAS, Nov 11, 2019.

1. When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize...

The message is in the attached picture - lower right hand corner. This has happened twice with different external harddisks (a WD Elements SE, and a LACIE). The disks do not even show up on the Windows Explorer screen, but there is a "pling" and a message (do not recognize ..)

I have another computer (ACER) available and it was able to read (without any issues) the WD Elements disk, which I then copied to a new WD Passport Ultra. So after that i formatted the WD Elements SE and took it back to the Lenovo computer which refused to recognize the disk in the same manner as previously. Well, I thought that was that, and I was ready to ditch the disk. BUT today the Lenovo gave the same message on the LACIE disc. I checked the LACIE on the ACER computer en it works perfectly.

So what to do? Problem is obviously with the Lenovo computer but is it driver related? Any other ways to get around it?

When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize... c0b42f3b-6154-460e-918e-0bf415d0f436?upload=true.png

:)

SkiferliaAS, Nov 11, 2019

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Igal_1234 Win User
    Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Nov 11, 2019
  4. NyenKLee Win User

When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize...

Accessing external harddisk connected via USB

How do I make a connected USB drive (ie, an external harddisk connected via a USB port) visible in the File Explorer?

NyenKLee, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize...

1. When I connect an external harddisk to my Lenovo computer it suddenly does not recognize... - Similar Threads - connect external harddisk

2. my computer does not recognize an external drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not recognize an external drive.: I have attached an external hard drive via a usb port but this computer does not recognize the drive. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-an-external-drive/bcc73174-e3ee-4198-8b4a-631207a46f1a
  3. my computer does not recognize an external drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not recognize an external drive.: I have attached an external hard drive via a usb port but this computer does not recognize the drive. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-an-external-drive/bcc73174-e3ee-4198-8b4a-631207a46f1a
  4. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  5. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  6. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External Harddisk

External Harddisk: Hello guys! Please help me with this, I will try my best at explaining the problem. First of all, I have a Seagate expansion hard disk 1TB HDD in which I have really important files. And it worked perfectly until 1 hour ago, when it was plugged in the computer USB port works...
  8. Problem of external harddisk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem of external harddisk: [IMG] I have external hard disk wd..I have problem to transfer from my external hard disk to laptop.it too slow to transfer data..it takes 3 hours to transfer 2gb only..I already chkdsk but have error at examining file name linkage..how to solve my problem..thank you...
  9. Accessing external harddisk connected via USB

Accessing external harddisk connected via USB: How do I make a connected USB drive (ie, an external harddisk connected via a USB port) visible in the File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/accessing-external-harddisk-connected-via-usb/2ca4e8e3-10bc-4bc6-a639-4c7676d320a2
  10. Computer does not recognize external hard drive

Computer does not recognize external hard drive: Hi all,I googled this but I really can't find an answer,hear goes.I have 2 seagate external hard drives with all my movies and tv shows.I plug it into my dvd player and watch them on my smart tv.I bought a new one which says seagate external expansion drive.It is not...