Windows 10: When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed

Discus and support When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! When I connect my personal laptop to my monitor, only the monitor will display the screen. I don't know what could be causing this as everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarolineDudley, Mar 9, 2021.

1. When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed

Hi! When I connect my personal laptop to my monitor, only the monitor will display the screen. I don't know what could be causing this as everything worked just fine a week ago. I have had my work laptop connected to the monitor for a couple months though. Is there something I need to do from my work laptop to undo this for my personal laptop?

Help is very appreciated.

Thank you!

Caroline

:)

CarolineDudley, Mar 9, 2021

2. Connect laptop to monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft forum.

Regarding your query on how to connect your laptop to your monitor, we suggest to contact your manufacturer. Maybe one of the issue is your display adapter because you cannot connect to your monitor.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 9, 2021
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Mar 9, 2021
  4. delpi767 Win User

When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed

1. When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed - Similar Threads - connect laptop monitor

2. Display on my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display on my monitor: Hey I recently got a error where my monitor suddenly just lost completely display when loaded up, I tried reinstalling windows where I had my display through the whole thing and then lost it when I came to the desktop. Any ideas?...
  3. Display on my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display on my monitor: Hey I recently got a error where my monitor suddenly just lost completely display when loaded up, I tried reinstalling windows where I had my display through the whole thing and then lost it when I came to the desktop. Any ideas?...
  4. Display on my monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why my 2nd monitor only displays if my laptop is close?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my 2nd monitor only displays if my laptop is close?: Hi;I have 2 external monitors connect to my PC via a docking station. I can get one of the monitors to work. Only when I close my PC will both external monitors work. I use a collgues PC to test the monitors and everything work perfectly. I have check that extended function...
  6. Why my 2nd monitor only displays if my laptop is close?

Why my 2nd monitor only displays if my laptop is close?: Hi;I have 2 external monitors connect to my PC via a docking station. I can get one of the monitors to work. Only when I close my PC will both external monitors work. I use a collgues PC to test the monitors and everything work perfectly. I have check that extended function...
  7. My monitors won't connect with my laptop

My monitors won't connect with my laptop: I use 2 AOC monitors and use a DisplayLink dockFirst my issue was that at first when I connected to the monitors it would work fine but when I unplugged my laptop from the dock it wouldn't work unless I unplugged and plugged the power in again.So here's what I tried:I tried...
  8. My screen saver only displays to my laptop even when my monitor is set as the primary display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen saver only displays to my laptop even when my monitor is set as the primary display.: I really wanted to have a screensaver that appears on my monitor but when it activated it only appears on my laptop and my monitor stays blank. I have set my monitor as my primary display but it still doesn't work. I have my monitor on extend and i like it that way, please...
  9. My screen saver only displays to my laptop even when my monitor is set as the primary display.

My screen saver only displays to my laptop even when my monitor is set as the primary display.: I really wanted to have a screensaver that appears on my monitor but when it activated it only appears on my laptop and my monitor stays blank. I have set my monitor as my primary display but it still doesn't work. I have my monitor on extend and i like it that way, please...
  10. Cant connect my monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect my monitor to my laptop: After I restarted my laptop it says no signal on my 2nd monitor. When I try to change the project settings it just goes back to pc screen only. submitted by /u/darkname324 [link] [comments]...