Windows 10: WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A...

Discus and support WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A DRIVE E:\ WHICH IS MICRO SD THE SUB FOLDER FILES DOES NOT COPY.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TL-CSM, Mar 19, 2020.

1. TL-CSM Win User

WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A...

WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A DRIVE E:\ WHICH IS MICRO SD THE SUB FOLDER FILES DOES NOT COPY. ALL SUB FOLDERS ARE EMPTY.

:)

TL-CSM, Mar 19, 2020
  2. ErvSch Win User

Cannot decrypt folder but files and sub-folders contained do decrypt

I can encrypt a folder containing sub-folders and files then immediately attempt to decrypt this same folder. All of the files in this folder and its sub-folders are decrypted but this folder and its subfolders remain encrypted. Copying one of these just
    decrypted files and pasting it directly back into the same folder causes it to become encrypted - it should because the folder is still encrypted. Pasting it into a folder that is not encrypted it remains unencrypted. The only way I have found to get the
    contents of one of these stubbornly encrypted folders into an unencrypted folder is to create a new unencrypted folder with the similar name, move all of the contents into the new folder, delete the stubborn folder and adjust the name of the new folder. Not
    convenient.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Thanks, Erv

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ErvSch, Mar 19, 2020
  3. LTK
    LTK Win User
    Mysterious c:\mount folder on my SSD

I came looking for information here because I just discovered a C:\Mount folder on my own Intel SSD. It's about one gig in size, and most of that is from copies from files in C:\Windows. Attempting to access any of the files results in "The file cannot be accessed by the system" being displayed. The folder also contains a 'sources' folder, which is the only thing that's not a copy of another C:\ folder.

I haven't used any kind of mounting software in the time before that. Renaming the folder doesn't cause it to be recreated, and doesn't really have any effect.

What's weirder, the folder's 'Date Modified' shows a date in 2009, same date as the PerfLogs folder. I didn't even own this SSD back then, and I'm sure that Mount folder wasn't here a few weeks ago.

Does this provide any more clues to what this might be?

4. temp02 Win User

WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A...

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A... - Similar Threads - COPY FOLDER DRIVE

2. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-robocopy-only-copy-directories-but-not-files/6dbeb8e7-f139-422a-aafe-19bd292c9297?page=1e-19bd292c9297?page=1I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for me.Regard there...
  3. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-robocopy-only-copy-directories-but-not-files/6dbeb8e7-f139-422a-aafe-19bd292c9297?page=1e-19bd292c9297?page=1I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for me.Regard there...
  4. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for meRegard there are folder a b c d, inside of each folder, a' b' c' d' folder exists and inside there, there are a" b" c" d" files each.C:\folder\a\a'\a" c:\folder\b\b'\b"...
  6. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for meRegard there are folder a b c d, inside of each folder, a' b' c' d' folder exists and inside there, there are a" b" c" d" files each.C:\folder\a\a'\a" c:\folder\b\b'\b"...
  7. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. One drive not copying over sub-folders

One drive not copying over sub-folders: So I've recently started using One drive. My photos are stored in folders e.g Photo -> Travel -> Destination. When trying to copy the entire photo folder across to one drive it only copies the the names of the sub-folders but not the photo files. Is there a setting that has...
  9. Failure to copy/paste Folders &/or sub folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failure to copy/paste Folders &/or sub folders?: Anyone here have experience with copying directory/Folders/sub-folders wherein some data Is missing, without generating a stop or fail message? I see numbers of threads on the web about such issues but no comprehensive diligence on causes and tools/utilities submitted by...
  10. Copy folder and retaining permissions of sub folders

Copy folder and retaining permissions of sub folders: Hi We have a system where to open a job, we copy a template folder which in itself has sub folders. In it there is a sub-folder where not everyone is allowed to see. When we copy the template and paste it to create job, all permissions set in the template sub folders are...