Windows 10: When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created?

Discus and support When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created? When I drag and copy folders to a flash drive I am seeing two extra files/folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yeto, Feb 2, 2020.

1. yeto Win User

When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created?

When I drag and copy folders to a flash drive I am seeing two extra files/folders created. What are these files/folders and what is their purpose?

DESKTOP-LLQ????
    MediaID.bin

Thank you in advance for any help,

:)

yeto, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created? :)

Frogger, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

Ok yea, just use a shortcut. Right click the folder you want to show in documents and select "create shortcut" and move that shortcut to the documents folder.

If you copy folders to documents, the entire folder contents is copied, use shortcuts instead so you dont use up hard drive space having duplicate folders in 2 separate places.

DeathtoGnomes, Feb 2, 2020
  4. When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created?

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. When I copy folders to a flash drive why are extra folders created? - Similar Threads - copy folders flash

2. create an auto bat file to copy folder to pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create an auto bat file to copy folder to pen drive: HiI would like to create a bat file or another way to copy my docs folder to a pen drive every week. I would like it to do it automatically, in case i forget.RegardsStephen...
  3. create an auto bat file to copy folder to pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create an auto bat file to copy folder to pen drive: HiI would like to create a bat file or another way to copy my docs folder to a pen drive every week. I would like it to do it automatically, in case i forget.RegardsStephen...
  4. why i can't create . folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i can't create . folder: i want create . foder i try to use cmd to create . foder but it say . already existsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-create-folder/39b90761-3f4d-4c80-bb25-94a96662d4a9
  5. why i can't create . folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i can't create . folder: i want create . foder i try to use cmd to create . foder but it say . already existsi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-create-folder/39b90761-3f4d-4c80-bb25-94a96662d4a9
  6. C drive extra folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive extra folder: Actually ...i dont know what happen but when i open my c drive i saw too many extra folders like $sysreset ,Oem, intel, program data ,recovery and all they are little dull in colour faded .so can anyone tell me is it safe to delete these folders .or what happen to my system...
  7. Deleted folder on flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder on flash drive: I erroneously deleted a folder on a flash drive. The folder contains ~ 22 files Word docs and pdf's. Can I restore it to the flash drive? Thanks, John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-folder-on-flash-drive/58cb0082-d0f5-46a5-a5b2-147e82afe789"
  8. Creating a copy of a folder that is populated with shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a copy of a folder that is populated with shortcuts.: This was the theory anyway. We tossed the idea around but I can only envision it being done in multiple steps with several different programs to create the whole thing. There has got to be an easier way that we have just never used. The folder is local on a shared drive. The...
  9. create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

in Windows 10 Support
    create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a: Hi everyone, It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to each time I create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't appear until press the F5 key to refresh. Does...
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...