Windows 10: When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

Discus and support When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder window by right clicking by mouse, the right-click menu comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vijay1700, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Vijay1700 Win User

When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder window by right clicking by mouse, the right-click menu comes and goes off within a fraction of a second, and I need to right click again to open it!

:)

Vijay1700, Nov 26, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 26, 2018
  4. When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

windows 10 cut and paste photos from folders

Hi,

If you are referring to the option "cut and paste photos" in photo gallery.

There is no option to cut and paste photos to folders using photo gallery or photo app.

But you can right click on the photo, copy the photo and paste it on other folder. once you done, you can delete the photo from the photo gallery.

If you want to cut and paste photos from one folder to another, follow the steps below.

- Right click on the photo and select 'cut'.

- Go to the location were you want to paste, right click and select paste.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

1. When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder... - Similar Threads - copy cut files

2. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...: I was rearranging my files on my Windows 10 computer and decided to cut some files from one folder and paste them into another. After I hit "Cut" and moved them, I couldn't find them in the destination folder. No error message popped up, but I just couldn't locate the files I...
  3. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...: I was rearranging my files on my Windows 10 computer and decided to cut some files from one folder and paste them into another. After I hit "Cut" and moved them, I couldn't find them in the destination folder. No error message popped up, but I just couldn't locate the files I...
  4. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In windows 11, how to cut and paste photos from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 11, how to cut and paste photos from one folder to another: How do I cut and paste photos from one folder to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-how-to-cut-and-paste-photos-from-one/0a92c770-f816-4e74-ae5f-2d128fb84c34
  6. In windows 11, how to cut and paste photos from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows 11, how to cut and paste photos from one folder to another: How do I cut and paste photos from one folder to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-how-to-cut-and-paste-photos-from-one/0a92c770-f816-4e74-ae5f-2d128fb84c34
  7. Files are being spontaneously deleted when copied from one folder to another

Files are being spontaneously deleted when copied from one folder to another: Hello When I move or copy files and folders from one to another, Windows is deleting them. I make the copy, then do nothing as I watch them spontaneously disappear in front of my eyes. The files seem to go to the recycle bin on my laptop. To be clear, I am not interested...
  8. Cannot copy all the files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot copy all the files from one folder to another: Hello I'm in the process of converting quite a few files from WMA to MP3 via MediaHuman Audio Converter which allows me to do it in bulk rather than one at a time. The MP3 files are created in a folder on my hard drive and I'm trying to move them to a Sansa music clip...
  9. Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.: I was running out of space on my C drive. Would it be harmful for me to cut and paste a high memory folder from program files 86 cause any harmmainly games? I tried to allocate space to the C drive from a SSD but it wouldn't let me....
  10. Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.

Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.: When I copy paste a folder to another folder or external drive I get the following error: Destination Path too long. I can't just simply rename the folder or move thing around because it's files from projects like android studio and unity. Any solutions? Thanks in advance....