Windows 10: When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

Discus and support When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder window by right clicking by mouse, the right-click menu comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vijay1700, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Vijay1700 Win User

When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder window by right clicking by mouse, the right-click menu comes and goes off within a fraction of a second, and I need to right click again to open it!

:)

Vijay1700, Nov 26, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 26, 2018
  4. When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

windows 10 cut and paste photos from folders

Hi,

If you are referring to the option "cut and paste photos" in photo gallery.

There is no option to cut and paste photos to folders using photo gallery or photo app.

But you can right click on the photo, copy the photo and paste it on other folder. once you done, you can delete the photo from the photo gallery.

If you want to cut and paste photos from one folder to another, follow the steps below.

- Right click on the photo and select 'cut'.

- Go to the location were you want to paste, right click and select paste.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder...

1. When I copy or cut some files from one folder and try to paste to another opened folder... - Similar Threads - copy cut files

2. A question on copying files from a compressed folder to another compressed folder ..... ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A question on copying files from a compressed folder to another compressed folder ..... ?: Compressed folders are often shown in blue for user convenience. When Windows explorer copies files and also sub-folders from one compressed folder to another compressed folder, does it decompress the file data ON-THE-FLY, and then re-compress it again towards the...
  3. getting this error when I cut-paste folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    getting this error when I cut-paste folders: [ATTACH] Get this error when I cut-paste folders but seems to be ok when I copy-paste folders and cut-paste files. Also, my programs that use the 'documents' folder to launch cannot launch. Help please. submitted by /u/travelbug77 [link] [comments]...
  4. Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.

Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.: When I copy paste a folder to another folder or external drive I get the following error: Destination Path too long. I can't just simply rename the folder or move thing around because it's files from projects like android studio and unity. Any solutions? Thanks in advance....
  5. One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting: Hello, I was moving my data from local drive to One-Drive for Business using cut paste, it was taking time so i decided to cancel the same and intended to try it again later. Unfortunately, the folders and files from source location gone missing. Could you please help me...
  6. Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder

Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder: On the day of writing this, I havent been able to copy/cut and paste or save files or folders on my desktop and in the documents folder. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] The same happens with TeraCopy if I do the same operation inside the documents folder. I'm sure its not...
  7. Unable to cut and paste in one folder only.

Unable to cut and paste in one folder only.: Recently in my media folder "/I/Sort"I cannot move, copy or cut. It looks like I can cut but there is no paste option when I want to paste in another folder under /I/Sort. I can however Copy and then paste into "/I" but not /I/Sort/*". The permissions look identical on my...
  8. Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files: Hello, I had this issue around 7 months ago as of this post and I still have the same issue. I switched hardware in the meantime and don't use an AMD GPU anymore. What I tried: - Safe Mode - New profile - clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers - updating all drivers...
  9. Making folders. cut & paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Making folders. cut & paste: I have an HP Pavilion and I need to know how to make folders, cut and paste. I'm not very familiar with the function keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/making-folders-cut-paste/3abc1d07-bb33-4634-9680-7298dcfb007e
  10. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...