Windows 10: When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

Discus and support When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to check my credential login with share folder and permission, Seem one user is not allow to create more that one network drive, by then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hong Po, May 10, 2022.

1. Hong Po Win User

When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

I was trying to check my credential login with share folder and permission, Seem one user is not allow to create more that one network drive, by then the second network drive will follow the user who create the drive? I tried to add a new credential password on both generic and window Host side, seems not functionsHow to add a login-able credential password for sharefolder and drive Dose registryHost PC show the credential that is able to use for login host login info for Client PC login . Thankyou

:)

Hong Po, May 10, 2022

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 10, 2022
  3. gshile Win User
    Generic Credentials

I accidently deleted a generic credential in in the Windows side. Now I cannot send emails. Can I recover or create a new credential?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

gshile, May 10, 2022
  4. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 10, 2022
Thema:

When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

1. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential - Similar Threads - create generic credential

2. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential: I was trying to check my credential login with share folder and permission, Seem one user is not allow to create more that one network drive, by then the second network drive will follow the user who create the drive? I tried to add a new credential password on both generic...
  3. When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I create a generic credential, where would that be function? So to the Window credential: I was trying to check my credential login with share folder and permission, Seem one user is not allow to create more that one network drive, by then the second network drive will follow the user who create the drive? I tried to add a new credential password on both generic...
  4. Generic credentials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Generic credentials: Hi I would like to know what the following means : Microsoft_Paidconnectivity_WiFi_AccessToken Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-credentials/c73f7df1-1e1f-47f9-ab2f-a6d3c2771acd
  5. Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device: Whilst trying to resolve a different problem of Windows 10 Outlook 2010 suddenly repeatedly asking me to reenter my password for one of my POP3 email account, during which I found a suggested solution was to delete any Outlook related credentials, I discovered an unrecognised...
  6. Generic Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Generic Credentials: Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back....
  7. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?: This thing is confusing me. [img] When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even when I remove it. I have no idea what 02qqrmpycirm is. But when I check my registry I find this....
  8. Network Credentials not functional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network Credentials not functional: I Have tried for two solid days to reset my credentials for WDMycloud. The edited password just does not stick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials-not-functional/af5754ec-a4f7-4f25-ad40-8110b06cd483
  9. Windows Security ask for Credentials. Where I could find this credentials?

Windows Security ask for Credentials. Where I could find this credentials?: When attempt to connect to network computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-ask-for-credentials-where-i-could/7a3a6748-6ed9-4310-bc1d-d8e6014abae8
  10. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?: Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-generic-credentials-unknown-listing-what/e10b8b91-133d-4af2-8e96-ef2d192cb87d"