Windows 10: When I create a recovery disk using recdisc, is there a way to choose the writing speed or...

Discus and support When I create a recovery disk using recdisc, is there a way to choose the writing speed or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a recovery DVD but it tries to write it at top speed and it fails. I can't boot using USB because my computer is too old. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Piggytater, Jul 9, 2020.

1. When I create a recovery disk using recdisc, is there a way to choose the writing speed or...

I'm trying to create a recovery DVD but it tries to write it at top speed and it fails. I can't boot using USB because my computer is too old. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Piggytater
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Piggytater, Jul 9, 2020

2. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

When I create a recovery disk using recdisc, is there a way to choose the writing speed or...

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

When I create a recovery disk using recdisc, is there a way to choose the writing speed or...

1. When I create a recovery disk using recdisc, is there a way to choose the writing speed or... - Similar Threads - create recovery disk

2. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a way to speed up account recovery?: So, I've been trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my new used windows 10 laptop. But apparently this caused some sort of issue with my account despite logging in at the same IP address. I've got work to do and can't really afford to wait the 30 days microsoft says it...
  5. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to speed up account recovery?: So, I've been trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my new used windows 10 laptop. But apparently this caused some sort of issue with my account despite logging in at the same IP address. I've got work to do and can't really afford to wait the 30 days microsoft says it...
  6. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  8. Windows thinks it's using all my disk read/write speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows thinks it's using all my disk read/write speed: I'm having a problem with my PC, and I think that it is a software problem with Windows 10. The problem is that, in task manager, my disk usage is always 100% (or rarely 99%), no matter if I'm using 1 MB/s or 80 MB/s total. I think this is having a bad effect on my system...
  9. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  10. Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading: Hello, God, I have a 1000 GB hard drive and it's hard to go, that if I copy the data on it, it's copying hard enough. Do you know any solution to increase writing, reading, optimization, etc.? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...