Windows 10: When I delete my pictures from my phone, one drive is also putting them into the recycle bin

Discus and support When I delete my pictures from my phone, one drive is also putting them into the recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was cleaning my gallary on my samsung s10 plus, my phone is linked to my one drive and they automatically get uploaded there. When i was emptying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michellebarmania, Jan 31, 2021.

1. When I delete my pictures from my phone, one drive is also putting them into the recycle bin

I was cleaning my gallary on my samsung s10 plus, my phone is linked to my one drive and they automatically get uploaded there. When i was emptying the trash on my phone i noticied it was also being removed from my photos on onedrive. I had to restore all my pictures from the recycle bin. How do I stop this from happening?

:)

michellebarmania, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Deleting items in Recycle Bin

Hi Holly,

For further assistance, we'd like to ask to following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 31, 2021
  4. When I delete my pictures from my phone, one drive is also putting them into the recycle bin

Managing a recycle bin on an external drive

Hi,

Your external hard drive has its own recycle bin folder where the deleted files from it are stored. In order to delete those deleted files, we need to access first the recycle bin folder of the external hard drive. Follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • At the top menu, click View.
    • On the right pane, click Options > Change folder and search options.
    • In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, tick or select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once saved, try to access your external hard drive. Its recycle bin should now be visible. You may then open the recycle bin folder and delete the files inside it.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

When I delete my pictures from my phone, one drive is also putting them into the recycle bin

1. When I delete my pictures from my phone, one drive is also putting them into the recycle bin - Similar Threads - delete pictures phone

2. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin deleted my files: I selected the files in the recycle bin, and pressed restore. Now they are gone. Where are my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-deleted-my-files/ed159ac7-5ea3-4f4b-832b-b399da342e5a
  3. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin deleted my files: I selected the files in the recycle bin, and pressed restore. Now they are gone. Where are my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-deleted-my-files/ed159ac7-5ea3-4f4b-832b-b399da342e5a
  4. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?: I am trying to recover information from the recycle bin on one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-files-from-one-drive-in-the/797a3b95-9a5f-4b35-811c-bfc315d9e1ec
  5. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?: I am trying to recover information from the recycle bin on one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-deleted-files-from-one-drive-in-the/797a3b95-9a5f-4b35-811c-bfc315d9e1ec
  6. how to recover deleted files from one drive in the recycle bin?

7. How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN: yesterday I deleted my onedrive files and its recycle bin by mistake and all my gallery that were in it got deleted as well . is there a way to get them back or undo the deletion I have a normal account not a Business one . it will work fine if I got my gallery back at least...
  8. How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN

How to recover files deleted from One drive recycle BIN: yesterday I deleted my onedrive files and its recycle bin by mistake and all my gallery that were in it got deleted as well . is there a way to get them back or undo the deletion I have a normal account not a Business one . it will work fine if I got my gallery back at least...
  9. One drive deleted files in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One drive deleted files in recycle bin: I deleted the recycling bin in one drive, and i retrieve the items deleted please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-deleted-files-in-recycle/93cb0510-e8a6-41b5-8e45-ce615ce12e47
  10. Lost pictures from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost pictures from recycle bin: Hi there, After i deleted accidentally a folder with vacation pictures from desktop, again without paying attention i had empty recycle bin at 6 AM on Saturday 18.01.2020. What chances do i have to recuperate them? Thank you,...