Windows 10: When i deleted a game the space didn't free up

Discus and support When i deleted a game the space didn't free up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I once had installed GTA 5 on my computer but deleted it and installed to an external hard drive.But the space on my computer did not free up,I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OnlyPlayer, Jul 30, 2021.

1. When i deleted a game the space didn't free up

I once had installed GTA 5 on my computer but deleted it and installed to an external hard drive.But the space on my computer did not free up,I have 49GB occupied by apps and 95GB occupied by GTA 5 but i uninstalled it.I bought the game on Steam and uninstalled it through Steam as wellI tried to find where those files could be but i didn't find anything not even a single GTA 5 file,everything is on my external drive but for some reason GTA 5 still occupies 95GB on my computer

:)

OnlyPlayer, Jul 30, 2021

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Can't uninstall Windows games . Space running low

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for your help.

1. I took system restore as suggested .
    2. Took ownership and deleted 2 folders of same game ( ~ 5..5 GB ).
    3. Too many registries got listed so I was really afraid to delete anything. Left it as is.
    4. Decided to restart the PC to see any issues. Nothing wrong happened.

Planning to delete the games one by one as I need space. I don't know if all of them will be smooth to delete in terms of registry left as is.

Thanks again. This was big help.

Regards.

Himanshu

HimanshuPuri, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Dgui14 Win User

When i deleted a game the space didn't free up

Microsoft Store Games

I downloaded several pc games from my xbox game pass which I no longer have.

I decided to uninstall them, and I did, but didn-t see any change on my drive memory capacity, which means, they were not removed at all. I can-t find them anymore on the microsoft store library nor on my pc app list though.

Doing some research, I found the hidden microsoft store apps folder, and realized the games are still there. How can I safely remove them, without just deleting the folders? And why didn-t they get uninstalled when I did so through the add or remove programs
    feature?

Dgui14, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

When i deleted a game the space didn't free up

1. When i deleted a game the space didn't free up - Similar Threads - deleted game space

2. how to free up space to install a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to free up space to install a game: trying to install a game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-space-to-install-a-game/3ce3e523-485a-42cc-b407-4e500e4e2b16
  3. how to free up space to install a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to free up space to install a game: trying to install a game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-space-to-install-a-game/3ce3e523-485a-42cc-b407-4e500e4e2b16
  4. how can I delete files to free up space?

in Cortana
    how can I delete files to free up space?: Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-files-to-free-up-space/c123eea0-87ec-4cd7-bb1e-fb7ca0035b4b
  5. how can I delete files to free up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I delete files to free up space?: Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-files-to-free-up-space/c123eea0-87ec-4cd7-bb1e-fb7ca0035b4b
  6. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.: I can't delete a folder within the WindowsApps folder. It says I need my own permission to delete it. I don't know how to give myself permission. I've tried taking ownership, it says I own the folder yet I don't have permission to delete the darn thing. when I try to delete...
  7. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.: I can't delete a folder within the WindowsApps folder. It says I need my own permission to delete it. I don't know how to give myself permission. I've tried taking ownership, it says I own the folder yet I don't have permission to delete the darn thing. when I try to delete...
  8. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Uninstalled Games Not Freeing Up Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled Games Not Freeing Up Space: I had recently uninstalled games from my C drive but it seems as if it did not make any difference. It currently lists 6.49 GB free out of 237 but the number should be closer to around 180GB being free. I had originally uninstalled the games by going into storage settings...
  10. When i delete files space doesnt free up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i delete files space doesnt free up.: Ok when i delete files from my secondary harddisk it doesnt free up space but when i right click the drive and hit properties it shows there. How can i fix this visual glitch. The recycle is cleaned and i check disked. submitted by /u/EfePro9 [link] [comments]...