Windows 10: when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show...

Discus and support when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i usually use two monitors with my windows 11 laptop. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by that guy TM, Feb 21, 2024.

1. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show...

i usually use two monitors with my windows 11 laptop. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show on my screen until i connect it to the second monitor again. is there a solution for this?I tried 1. Make sure your primary monitor is set correctly:Open Settings.Go to System > Display.Identify your main monitor usually labeled "1" or "Main display".Make sure the checkbox for Make this my main display is checked for the correct monitor.Click Apply and restart your computer.2. Adjust scaling settings:Open Setti

:)

that guy TM, Feb 21, 2024
  2. shovel736 Win User

Windows opens programs on a second monitor, that is not connected

I have a Dell XPS13 laptop. When on my desk, I use a second monitor through a docking station (USB3 Kensington). However, when I undock and go mobile, Windows insists on opening programs on the second monitor, even though it is no longer there and the settings
    shows that the system knows it is disconnected. I can see the "open" program in task switcher, and I get all the usual options to Snap, Move to desktop etc., I just can't see the program window on my actual laptop screen.

To fix this, the only thing I have found is to connect to another monitor, and move the window onto the laptop screen, then disconnect the monitor. Most inconvenient, especially whn on a train!!

How can I prevent this, or at least move the windows to my main screen when it happens, without a second monitor to connect to. Please note, I am NOT talking about a virtual desktop, but a physical monitor.

shovel736, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 21, 2024
  4. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show...

Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
      • No. It only works if I disable the driver so that it reverts to the Basic Microsoft driver. But then it will not connect to the external monitor.
      • Driver details for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
        • Driver version: 21.20.16.4505
        • Driver date: 19/08/2016

• I also tried to update this driver to no avail so I rolled it back.
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?
      • It is connected via an HDMI cable.

• Is it possible that the update/roll back process left remnants of the program in the Registry etc and these are interacting in a way to stop the proper functioning the graphics? Just a thought. When I did the update it asked me if I wanted it installed in
      the existing drivers folder? I said yes. Was this the right thing to do?
    • When I disconnected the screen as you asked the laptop display remained blank. Restarting had no effect. As I said above, at the moment the only way I can activate the laptop display is disable the Intel driver and revert to the Microsoft Basic Driver but
      then I can't connect to the external screen.

Raffaele2100, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show...

1. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show... - Similar Threads - disconnect second monitor

2. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show...: i usually use two monitors with my windows 11 laptop. when i disconnect the second monitor some dialog windows inside some programs dose not show on my screen until i connect it to the second monitor again. is there a solution for this?I tried 1. Make sure your primary...
  3. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  4. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  5. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  6. Some programs not showing in programs and features

Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  7. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Some programs randomly disconnects from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs randomly disconnects from the internet: Hi!When I play with League of Legends sometimes my internet just disconnects. And when it happens it also disconnects me from Discord and other softwares BUT the Google Chrome works just fine I can watch youtube, write messages on facebook but those two programs don't want to...
  9. Some programs not showing up in search

in Cortana
    Some programs not showing up in search: I recently had to do a clean install of windows, and when I redownloaded some programs, specifically NordVPN and uTorrent, they don't show up when I search for them. I have done an index already, but it did not work....
  10. "Open with" not showing up for some programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open with" not showing up for some programs: Hey everybody Title really says everything basically theres a program where the option to "open with" isn't there. Though its still there on almost every other program. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Flexion16 [link] [comments]...