Windows 10: When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates

Discus and support When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Basically when I try to do a windows in place upgrade it is stuck at checking for updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elvin Cheung, Jun 10, 2023.

1. When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates

Basically when I try to do a windows in place upgrade it is stuck at checking for updates

:)

Elvin Cheung, Jun 10, 2023

2. Windows 10 in-place upgrade stuck on "Checking for Updates"

There are actually two options in Media creation Tool:

• Upgrade this PC now:Automatic Download, Installation.You do not need to do anything.You aretrying this option.
    • Create Installation media for PCWhen I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates :Download an Installation file.When downloaded and opened, you will find a setup.exe to start the Inplace upgrade.Make sure you download the Installation media according to your system.
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    Use method 2 from here and follow as said.

Use the recommended options for this PC should be checked as you are using the ISO to upgrade the current system.Skip step

Then after download completes, you need to run the setup to upgrade your system.This is the guide:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2267-windows-10-upgrade-installation.html

Method 7/Step 7 should be followed.

After running the setup, uncheck get the latest updates as I said in my first reply.

Let us know if you require any other assistance

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 10, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Jun 10, 2023
  4. aronchick Win User

When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates

1. When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates - Similar Threads - place upgrade stuck

2. When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I do a windows in place upgrade, it is stuck on checking for updates: Basically when I try to do a windows in place upgrade it is stuck at checking for updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-a-windows-in-place-upgrade-it-is-stuck/b6c12176-84db-4a0d-ae2c-1925679d12ed
  3. Windows 11 setup is stuck on checking for updates. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup is stuck on checking for updates. What do I do?: My computer is stuck on checking for updates in Windows setup how do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-is-stuck-on-checking-for-updates/d7fc0399-8693-487a-90f2-cc9354b4bdd0
  4. Windows 11 setup is stuck on checking for updates. What do I do?

Windows 11 setup is stuck on checking for updates. What do I do?: My computer is stuck on checking for updates in Windows setup how do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-setup-is-stuck-on-checking-for-updates/d7fc0399-8693-487a-90f2-cc9354b4bdd0
  5. Can't do an in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do an in-place upgrade: When I try to do an in-place upgrade, it doesn't work. When the PC restarts, it will rollback, and I get this error.0x8007000D - 0x20006The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation....
  6. Can't do an in-place upgrade

Can't do an in-place upgrade: When I try to do an in-place upgrade, it doesn't work. When the PC restarts, it will rollback, and I get this error.0x8007000D - 0x20006The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation....
  7. Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update: Stuck on Checking for Updates: Windows Update never finishes Checking for Updates. Does not show any message, just keeps on checking. Also Microsoft Store does not show updates for the installed apps and does not show installed app list. Reinstalling Windows is not an option. Please...
  8. How do i check when windows update installed ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i check when windows update installed ?: View Update History only show you the date windows installed but not the time, is there a way i can check what time the update installed ? 137826
  9. Issues when updating to KB3213986 and when doing an in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues when updating to KB3213986 and when doing an in-place upgrade: So, I've been having some major issues with the latest Windows updates (KB3213986 (OS Build 14393.693) & KB3216755 (OS Build 14393.726)). So I'm still running on build 14393.576. During the first restart after an update I get the "Windows couldn't complete updates....
  10. Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates": I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last 30-45 minutes. Is this normal? I've updated two laptops, one Windows 7 Home and one Windows 8 and it didn't take nearly this...