Windows 10: When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...

Discus and support When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's a big time waster. I see someone asked this same question about Windows Vista. I have Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarjDeupree, Jul 19, 2019.

1. When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...

It's a big time waster. I see someone asked this same question about Windows Vista. I have Windows 10.

:)

MarjDeupree, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

That's ok. To help clarify for everyone, which registry editing did you use and apply?

In addition, what error message are you trying to get rid of?

If you mean for the "Open-File Security Warning" message, then you could use the download in step 5 of OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to disable it.

Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Jul 19, 2019
  4. jaydeee Win User

When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful.  How... :)

jaydeee, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...

1. When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How... - Similar Threads - double click jpg

2. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  3. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  6. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  7. When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it...: When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it keeps doing that every time. Is this unchecking per app/company? How do you do a global uncheck/disable of this? Thanks! submitted by /u/happypuppy100 [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to open folders when I double click.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open folders when I double click.: Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens...
  9. Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files: Have tried repairing then resetting the app, through settings, reinstalling through powershell. Still wicked slow. Windows Explorer just displays the circle mouse pointer for the whole time. Edit: sfc reports no file problems. Maybe this started after upgrading to 1909?...
  10. If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice.: I have Office 2010 with Win 10 Pro. If I click on a DOCX file, it always opens in LibreOffice. Here's how I open the DOCX file: - R-click on the DOCX file - Click Open With - MS Word is in the list, but ignore it (see later). - Click Choose Another App - Click MS-Word -...