Windows 10: When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

Discus and support When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. This is really annoying because when that happens I can't download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AarushSandhu, Feb 20, 2021.

1. When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.
    This is really annoying because when that happens I can't download the actual app from the internet.
    I'm using Google Chrome Don't ask me to switch to Edge
    It's a .jar file
    https://papermc.io/downloads This is what i'm trying to download

It also asks me to open it with an app like chrome, internet explorer.
    It's super annoying because I really need this app in order to create a Minecraft SMP
    When I download. It opens Internet explorer like that screenshot, when I proceed and press "Open" it shows this:
    When I click "save" It prompts me to open it, then when I click "Open" it takes me to the same screen and asks me to save.
    It's like a never ending loop
    Please Help
    When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. 6cde1a87-525f-4285-a2e6-ad0a976702b2?upload=true.png When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. ee0c2ea8-72c4-45bb-be55-8dafcd06396c?upload=true.png

:)

AarushSandhu, Feb 20, 2021

2. Microsoft will Automatically Update Internet Explorer, if You Let it

In an effort to ensure that Windows users have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed and ready for use, Microsoft has decided to add its browser to the automatic update list. This means that Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 installations which have automatic updating enabled in Windows Update, will also be seamlessly upgrading Internet Explorer, from time to time.

For starters the automatic update switch for IE will be turned on for customers in Australia and Brazil. This will happen in January (2012) and will expand in other areas throughout the year.

When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. ie031311_2_web_thm.jpg

"We want to make updating to the best protection possible as fast and simple as we can for Windows customers," explains Ryan Gavin, General Manager, Internet Explorer Business and Marketing. "IE is how millions of Windows customers connect to the Web, so keeping that part of Windows updated at all times is critical to keeping them safe online. With automatic updates enabled through Windows Update, customers can receive IE9 and future versions of Internet Explorer seamlessly without any “update fatigue” issues."

Individuals or companies who don't want their Internet Explorer to get updated on-the-fly can opt out by using the Blocker toolkits available here (for IE8) and here (for IE9).

Cristian_25H, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Cruvenium Win User
    [IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Feb 20, 2021
  4. When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

1. When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. - Similar Threads - download something automatically

2. Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing internet when i download something, have to restart pc to get internet back.: Whenever I download something on my computer, usually off steam, I lose my internet shortly after starting the download and the only way to get it back is to restart my pc. I have limited my download speed but nothing seems to work....
  3. When ever i try to download something Microsoft store closes automatically

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When ever i try to download something Microsoft store closes automatically: So,I upgraded my pc to windows 10 and i was using Microsoft store to download some things...but when ever i press on a app/game it just closes Microsoft store automatically.....I tried all solutions like resetting microsoft store clearing catch etc. But it just doesn't work...
  4. Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file: Recently, I downloaded a file from the internet. The file appears on the "View Downloads" pop-up, but whenever I click open, a new window appears for a split second before immediately closing without any explanation. Additionally, when I check the "download location" on my...
  5. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer: Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I...
  6. devtool opens automatically when browsing in any internet explorer

devtool opens automatically when browsing in any internet explorer: Hi. I am facing problem in opening any web page in any explorer. either edge or chrome. Its very announing and sometime mouse also not working when devtool opens untile I press escape button. How to resolve this issue ? :[ATTACH]...
  7. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  8. when i download .MBLooks it opens in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i download .MBLooks it opens in internet explorer: everytime I download then open .MBLooks documents it always opens in internet explorer and I want it to open in .zip and It doesn't give me options on what to open it with. it says open with app store or internet explorer can you please tell me what to do? thankyou...
  9. Internet explorer trying to open something on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer trying to open something on startup: I do not have internet explorer set to start, but whenever my laptop turns on after being shut down it opens up between 3 and 7 windows and tries to reach a specific address before saying "this site could not be reached". Also, on a side note, there is a message box that also...
  10. Internet Explorer opening when not wanted

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer opening when not wanted: HI I'm having problems with internet explorer opening when I wake my computer from sleep. It opens with some Bing items usually on travel and things like that. I don't use IE I use chrome and it opening when it's not wanted it driving me crazy. Can somebody tell me how to...