Windows 10: When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.

Discus and support When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried multiple methods to fix this such as turning off all sync settings, changing the microsoft account on my laptop to a different account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ToriiroT, Dec 28, 2021.

1. ToriiroT Win User

When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.

I have tried multiple methods to fix this such as turning off all sync settings, changing the microsoft account on my laptop to a different account, and yet it still keeps downloading on both. When I try to delete things on the laptop they delete on my pc as well. How can I fix this?

:)

ToriiroT, Dec 28, 2021

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Moose Win User
    Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Dec 28, 2021
  4. When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.

1. When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop. - Similar Threads - download something downloads

2. My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...: I want to download some apps on my laptop and my parents are always asking me to delete the apps cause they can see when I get it and I'm tired of it....
  3. My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...: I want to download some apps on my laptop and my parents are always asking me to delete the apps cause they can see when I get it and I'm tired of it....
  4. My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  6. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  7. When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.: I have tried multiple methods to fix this such as turning off all sync settings, changing the microsoft account on my laptop to a different account, and yet it still keeps downloading on both. When I try to delete things on the laptop they delete on my pc as well. How can I...
  8. When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.

When I download something on my pc it downloads on my laptop.: I have tried multiple methods to fix this such as turning off all sync settings, changing the microsoft account on my laptop to a different account, and yet it still keeps downloading on both. When I try to delete things on the laptop they delete on my pc as well. How can I...
  9. Something on my pc is limiting my download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something on my pc is limiting my download speed: So i had this problem for a few days now but i've only recently noticed it when i tried to download something from steam. My download speed caps at 1.5 mbps. I have a 1000 mbps plan from my internet provider so i found that weird so i ran a speed test. The results: Download...
  10. I CANNOT DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE ANYTHING. SOMETHING IS BLOCKING MY UPDATES OR MY DOWNLOADS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I CANNOT DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE ANYTHING. SOMETHING IS BLOCKING MY UPDATES OR MY DOWNLOADS: so i have a high end PC because i am a student of digital background. I do gaming when i am free and i run 3d modelling and drafting softwares when i work. The problem here is that i cannot update or download anything. Well whenever i download anything, it usually or...